N/S Eagles: Nnamdi restructure or get released (merged) (1 Viewer)

N/S Eagles: Nnamdi restructure or get released

Espn:

Eagles will ask cb Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him

Maybe he'll be looking to restore his name by playing for Ryan again. Not sure what his price tag would be though.

I don't know, he's stunk it up pretty bad in Philly the last 2 years, and it's clear to any team that runs a zone defense that he's a poor fit...

He is a man-to-man CB. Of course he stunk in Philly's zone defense.

He would fit, but hard to say how he rebounds from last year. Nobody would ever thought they would see him get burnt like he did last season...and it wasn't always the safety fault or blown coverage.

Now, Cromartie (Jets, not the Philly one), on the other hand would absolutely ball out for us under Rob, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I don't know, he's stunk it up pretty bad in Philly the last 2 years, and it's clear to any team that runs a zone defense that he's a poor fit...

He's still worth at least $6 million on the market - minimum (the top 10 corners start at about $8M). And of course, he'd be looking for years and guaranteed money as well. There will be suitors with money, for sure.

I just don't think we have the scratch to compete for him in the open market. Just being realistic.

I honestly don't see this guy getting released. It does not appear that they're asking him to take a pay cut, but rather just to move some money around on the deal. Contrary to popular belief, a player isn't making some big sacrifice when he restructures. In fact, typically, the player is basically just getting paid his money sooner in the form of a signing bonus rather than waiting to get it in the form of 16 game checks.

I honestly don't see this guy getting released. It does not appear that they're asking him to take a pay cut, but rather just to move some money around on the deal. Contrary to popular belief, a player isn't making some big sacrifice when he restructures. In fact, typically, the player is basically just getting paid his money sooner in the form of a signing bonus rather than waiting to get it in the form of 16 game checks.
I was under the impression that money was converted to a bonus, but they could still get the money in the form of 16 game checks. I remember Brandt tweeting something to that effect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom