N/S Eagles reportedly planning on using Hurts as Taysom Hill package on steroids (1 Viewer)

t-rex23

I Owe Drew
Reaction score

I like Jalen Hurts and his skillset but my post really isn't about him.

I think it's very funny how other teams are trying to find their Taysom Hill. We even drafted Stevens with that role in mind.

There is no one like Taysom Hill. You can't just find the next guy like him. Yeah he lines up everywhere and yadda yadda but what the national media doesn't understand is how proficient he is at each role. He isn't a liability when he blocks and he isn't a decoy when he plays receiver. He is a legitimate player at every position. He doesn't just cover kickoffs, he makes the tackle. He has multiple blocked punts in his career. He has broken long returns in the kick game.

Just getting an athletic QB and lining him up at different spots doesn't make him Taysom. He isn't a gimmick.

Tebow wasn't really athletic enough to do all that Taysom does. He is a rare dude

I think it can be done, but I don’t see another college QB blocking punts, making tackles, and making huge blocks on offense. I can see one in a role used just as a passer/runner/receiver since we have seen that with Kordell Stewart.

It's also not like the Saints identified Hill and said, "We are going to play you at a ton of spots". His role developed organically and over time. It started with a need for a gunner and everything else was an experiment.

Exactly. Payton genuinely liked Hill and wanted him on the roster. Once he was here it was clear that he was one of the most physically gifted players on the team and we had to get him on the field in some capacity.

This is more about the Eagles having two guys on the field (at the same time) that can throw the ball. It doesn’t mean that they view Hurts as an exact replica of Taysom. That is impossible being that their is no other player like Taysom.

I wonder when they all will realize that in order for the Taysom Hill "role" to work at it's peak, you need a QB as competent as Brees to already have the defense on it's heels?

I also wonder when they all will realize that multipurpose QBs have been in the league for decades and coaches have tried for decades to shoehorn them into offensive packages -- with varying degrees of success.

The reason the Taysom Hill "role" works is not the design or the playcalls -- it's Taysom Hill.

Taysom was something that developed organically it wasn't forced or something you just try to inject into a offense. It will be interesting because there is only one Taysom Hill just like there is only on Drew Brees.

I like Jalen Hurts and his skillset but my post really isn't about him.

I think it's very funny how other teams are trying to find their Taysom Hill. We even drafted Stevens with that role in mind.

There is no one like Taysom Hill. You can't just find the next guy like him. Yeah he lines up everywhere and yadda yadda but what the national media doesn't understand is how proficient he is at each role. He isn't a liability when he blocks and he isn't a decoy when he plays receiver. He is a legitimate player at every position. He doesn't just cover kickoffs, he makes the tackle. He has multiple blocked punts in his career. He has broken long returns in the kick game.

Just getting an athletic QB and lining him up at different spots doesn't make him Taysom. He isn't a gimmick.

Tebow wasn't really athletic enough to do all that Taysom does. He is a rare dude

Ahhhh...... Refreshing

Couldn't of said it better myself

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom