N/S Eli Manning With Possible Plantar Fasciitis (1 Viewer)

Bummer....... I was excited 'cause we were finally gonna play against an upper-tier QB......and I didn't want him to be injured in any way when we beat him

I'm wiith you on that.

Home field advantage > bragging rights with fans.

If Eli being hurt affects the game in our favor in any way, I'm all for it.

It's the foot he has to push off from on every throw so it could be problematic

Didnt Norman Hand get this and basically was done in football?

I would imagine it could mess his throwing mechanics off a bit which would affect his passing if its that bad.

i had a torn plantar fascitis less than 2 months ago.......it kept me out of work and out of coaching for about 10 days although im not nearly as tough as a professional football player

the injury lingered for almost a month before i could walk without a limp but it hurt like a mother

its the muscle that overlaps the bottom of your foot and pretty much holds all the other muscles in place.....its the muscle you feel when you touch the bottom of your heel

i had a torn plantar fascitis less than 2 months ago.......it kept me out of work and out of coaching for about 10 days although im not nearly as tough as a professional football player

the injury lingered for almost a month before i could walk without a limp but it hurt like a mother

too bad you didnt have access to the "medicines" pro football players do.. :)

Even with David Carr, the Giants will beat Oakland. Eli plays against the Saints unless his foot falls off.

Tear is very serious.

But I think a tear is actually different than "plantar fascitis". You tore the plantar fascia, but then there is "plantar fascitis" which is like an aggravation or irritation to the plantar fascia.

If it's the latter for Manning, he will have some pain but with treatment should be able to play, even be pretty mobile if warmed up and stretched out. Pain will come the next day.

Last edited:
Haha, this thread shows how far we have come as a team. Instead of being happy that Eli is hampered by injury for our showdown, people wanting him to be ok so that the Giants have no excuses when we beat them.

You can make anything hurt bad enough if you hit them enough in the game.

Tear is very serious.

But I think a tear is actually different than "plantar fascitis". You tore the plantar fascia, but then there is "plantar fascitis" which is like an aggravation or irritation to the plantar fascia.

If it's the latter for Manning, he will have some pain but with treatment should be able to play, even be pretty mobile if warmed up and stretched out. Pain will come the next day.

exactly. They say that he's awaiting MRI which makes no sense to me you don't need an MRI. maybe costs don't matter here.

I've had it before. It is quite painful, but can be dealt with. The more you walk and stretch it, the better it feels.

exactly. They say that he's awaiting MRI which makes no sense to me you don't need an MRI. maybe costs don't matter here.

Well they do have 100 million tied up in him. I'd have him take a MRI after every game and practice with that sort of contract :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom