N/S Eli Manning With Possible Plantar Fasciitis (2 Viewers)

I would have no problem if he didn't suit up in 2 weeks. No such thing as asterisks in the win column.

I had this and the shot hurts more than the injury does. The Dr. wanted to give me another one and I said Hell no. I had to use heel inserts for a while, then it quit hurting.

LOL, you got that right. I had heel spur bursitis years ago and had the shot. First they stick this 6 inch needle into you ankle down towards your heel. If that doesn't kill you, they then inject the liquid, which feels red hot going in. Luckily it contains an anesthetic/pain killer so it numbs up right away. But when I recently had PF, they wanted to give me the same injection and I said no.

I guess like any injury, it depends on severity.

Did he tweak it, or shred it.

They did the MRI already but the news hasn't been released. Giants are saying his status is uncertain.

I doubt it's a major injury, but I think it might keep him on the sideline against the Raiders.

If I'm the Giants' coaches, I play the backup against the Raiders and give Eli a chance to heal for the trip to New Orleans the week after.

And I wonder just how painful and debilitating the injury might be. Foot injuries that often appear to be not too harsh are often extremely difficult to endure on the part of the person injured. Turf toe, for instance, sounds like nothing but is in fact quite serious.

This is from the Wikipedia page on Plantar Fasciitis:

Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the foot. It has been reported plantar fasciitis occurs in two million Americans a year and 10% of the population over a lifetime. It is commonly associated with long periods of work-related weight-bearing. Among non-athletic populations, it is associated with a high body mass index(obesity). The pain is usually felt on the underside of the heel, often most intense with the first steps of the day. Another symptom is that the sufferer has difficulty bending the foot so that the toes are brought toward the shin (decreased dorsiflexion of the ankle).

If it's difficult to bend the foot then that suggest decreased mobility and difficulty planting the foot to put pressure on it.

Does anyone know whether this is his right or left foot?

Mostly painful in the morning or when NOT playing.

I've had it and if you stretch out and warm it up, you can play with it. But it is very painful in the morning when you wake up and take your first few steps. Feels like getting stabbed in the heel. Very painful and annoying.

The only way I beat it was to rest it, stretch it and insert heel pads/arch supports into my shoes.

It lingered for a long time but for months I tried to stretch and just run through it. It caused great pain for the first 10-15 minutes of a run, then would fade out dramatically. Next day would be excruciating again.

Rest and the heel pads eventually beat it.
I have it. Mine is chronic and will never go away due to flat feet. I dread those first few steps in the morning.
I can function and walk around all day if I have to. Running on a consistent basis is out though.

I don't care either way but I make absolutely apologies for other team injuries. I can't recall one time where the league, opposing fans, teams or the media gave us any credit or took it easy on us when, Deuce when down, when Brooks got hurt during our playoff push a few years back, when Colston, Bush, Porter, McKensie, Grant, Smith etc etc etc got hurt.

Did teams stop rushing from our left side or their right side when J Brown went down??

Having said all that, I hope he plays cuz eventually the media will put up a statistic that shows how many rookie/backups the saints have faced. Start trying to make us look bad. I say, the starts are aligning for the Saints finally but the media will give us a black eye.

maybe the stars are all lining up just the way we need!!!

I'M ALL FOR ELI BEING LESS THAN 100%....I mean, why wouldnt you want any advantage that you can get????

Just saying that every team we play wouldnt mind if a certain QB wasnt 100% right???

Didn't Brian Young have Plantar F? Thought I remembered him playing through that injury among others. Also seem to remember Plantar F being blamed for lack of Young's production

I have it. It resulted in severe pain for a while. Then, I stopped wearing shoes with low heels and bought some with padding inside. Recently, I got orthotics (inserts) almost as a precaution since I really want having much pain. It's correctable and has many different treatments, including stretching exercizes--which also help. Eli Manning will be fine in a couple of weeks unless something is torn.

This game could play a factor in home field for the playoffs. I wouldn't mind if Eli wasn't 100%.

Exactly.....I prefer nfc championship to be played in dome than Giant stadium............dont care who plays for them as long as we win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom