N/S Eli Manning With Possible Plantar Fasciitis (1 Viewer)

jojo223

Earn It!!!
Reaction score
@mortreport Reported 4 ESPN: As I suspected, Eli Manning may have Plantar Fasciitis, awaiting MRI. Painful injury runs from heel across bottom of foot.

Anyone know how serious this injury could be?

It's painful, but he can probably just get a cortisone shot and play with it.

@mortreport Reported 4 ESPN: As I suspected, Eli Manning may have Plantar Fasciitis, awaiting MRI. Painful injury runs from heel across bottom of foot.

My understanding is that it is a pretty painful injury.

They did the MRI already but the news hasn't been released. Giants are saying his status is uncertain.

I doubt it's a major injury, but I think it might keep him on the sideline against the Raiders.

Bummer....... I was excited 'cause we were finally gonna play against an upper-tier QB......and I didn't want him to be injured in any way when we beat him

I know it effected mario williams' first year in houston. Basically it's a sharp pain in your heel and could lead to knee and back injuries if not treated.

I had it when I was younger. Impossible to put weight on it, for me.

Medicine has probably improved since then.

Well, I googled it, and they can be 'related' in that the spur can cause the PF....

did some checking. ashton youbouty, david bass, and chris spencer missed games because of that.

in basketball, kobe bryant got placed on IR before (a few weeks) for that injury. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/LAKERS+NOTEBOOK:+KOBE+PLACED+ON+INJURED+RESERVE-a0127229849

i hope that its just a bruise because i really want to see what we are made of against that team.

Michael Jordan had it too. I remember that Nike put a plate in the shoes to help him with his problem.

I'm sure that something even better exists today and that Manning will be wearing it.

Michael Jordan had it too. I remember that Nike put a plate in the shoes to help him with his problem.

I'm sure that something even better exists today and that Manning will be wearing it.
i just wonder it hampers his ability to scramble or evade an inside rush/blitz even if he can play with it. or for that matter, really be able to step up into his throws and deliver the football with accuracy.

i really hope that he is okay. we've taken enough smack about the eagles game without mcnabb and i think we all really want to see this team face some adversity and respond.

win or lose i'm really glad to have the pats and giants on our schedule this season.

I have had that. I used to run a whole lot more then what I do now and I run about 8-12 miles a week. It takes a while to heal correctly. It is a chronic pain all the way down the bottom of the foot. It can feel like there is a knife on the bottom of your foot. Just when you think you have it beat, it come right back all of the sudden and you limp the rest of the day, it stinks.

Mostly painful in the morning or when NOT playing.

I've had it and if you stretch out and warm it up, you can play with it. But it is very painful in the morning when you wake up and take your first few steps. Feels like getting stabbed in the heel. Very painful and annoying.

The only way I beat it was to rest it, stretch it and insert heel pads/arch supports into my shoes.

It lingered for a long time but for months I tried to stretch and just run through it. It caused great pain for the first 10-15 minutes of a run, then would fade out dramatically. Next day would be excruciating again.

Rest and the heel pads eventually beat it.

Last edited:
Bummer....... I was excited 'cause we were finally gonna play against an upper-tier QB......and I didn't want him to be injured in any way when we beat him

This game could play a factor in home field for the playoffs. I wouldn't mind if Eli wasn't 100%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom