N/S Eli Manning (1 Viewer)

I hear all the time how much Eli sucks, so how can he be over rated? Giant fans debate him all the time. Many love him, but some hate him.

He's not that accurate and he has problems with many things. But he's never missed a start, he's not an off the field problem, he's become a leader of the team. He's been bringing his young receivers along (until they all got injured). I think part of the problem is the complicated Giant offense and their OC (who's nickname is Killdrive). The Giants are going to live or die with Eli.

the problem with eli isn't that he's a horrible QB. cause he's not. But he is a solid/average QB that stays healthy. The issue is
1) he's in a family with peyton and archie. and he won't even live up to it and people want him to, and some give him extra credit just for the pedigree which is undeserved
2) some giant fans think he is as good as peyton brady, brees, rivers, and rodgers (my top 5) and he isn't.
3) he's been lucky to have the same offesnive coordiantor and system his entire career. thats huge. this is his 8th year in the NFL so he should know the system in and out. the system is taylored to help eli. its actually a really QB friendly system. they run out of passing formations all teh time to help sell a play action and to give bradshaw the ball in space. they run alot of quick slants wr screens HB check downs short curl routes which are all high% throws. then when the DBs finally come up a bit they hit them with a double move and go deep. i think the giants have 2 of the best coordinators in foortball with gilbride and fewel (spelling on both) coughlin i don't like at all though.

I hear all the time how much Eli sucks, so how can he be over rated? Giant fans debate him all the time. Many love him, but some hate him.

He's not that accurate and he has problems with many things. But he's never missed a start, he's not an off the field problem, he's become a leader of the team. He's been bringing his young receivers along (until they all got injured). I think part of the problem is the complicated Giant offense and their OC (who's nickname is Killdrive). The Giants are going to live or die with Eli.

It doesnt matter what fans think about him, that front office gave eli a 100 million dollar contract. That is why i made this thread. He is highly overrated by the talking heads(who mostly love him) and his front office/coaches. The production just doesnt add up to the contract they gave him. He just makes dumb decisions and doesnt play like a smart qb at all.

He got paid 100 million dollars all because his defense gave him a super bowl ring and all he needed to do was make one play.

everyone agrees palmer sucks and is overrated right?

palmer vs eli

qb rating
P 87.2 career. best season 101.1
E 80.2 career best season 92.1

comp%
P 62.9 career BS 67.8
E 58 BS 65.6

TD and INTs
P 146-93
E 146-104

Yards
P 21,349
E 21,239

Games played
P 91
E 99

fumbles
P 40
E 59

Does anyone else get the aaron brooks feeling about eli? He always seems to fumble or throw an interception at crucial times and does it at a higher rate than all other qbs.

Flame Away.

I just don't think we're in position to make light of Eli's interception woes when Brees is right behind him with 14 on the season.

I just don't think we're in position to make light of Eli's interception woes when Brees is right behind him with 14 on the season.

Yep the first 10 games of a season has a bigger effect on a persons career than every other season. :rolleyes:

brees doesn't have the running game the giants have and also its 1 year. eli has thrown 15+ picks almost every season and never more then 30 TDs

56% completion percentage in a West Coast-style offense for the majority of your career would not be considered particularly accurate.

That's not an indicator of a QB's accuracy. A QB who takes more deep shots and less dump offs is going to have a lower completion percentage. Doesn't mean he's less or more accurate, it's a different style. Accuracy is things like hitting receivers in stride and fitting the ball into small windows. Brooks showed on numerous occasions he could do those things consistently. That's accuracy. Where he fell short was in choosing the target to throw to, he would try to force it which resulted in balls batted down/not catchable etc. In his defense though,,, the saints had a ton of drops while brooks was here. Sure you could make the argument that it was Brooks's lack of touch on his passes as he liked to laser it in there, but that's not really accuracy either and NFL receivers are paid to catch those balls.

That's not an indicator of a QB's accuracy. A QB who takes more deep shots and less dump offs is going to have a lower completion percentage. Doesn't mean he's less or more accurate, it's a different style. Accuracy is things like hitting receivers in stride and fitting the ball into small windows. Brooks showed on numerous occasions he could do those things consistently. That's accuracy. Where he fell short was in choosing the target to throw to, he would try to force it which resulted in balls batted down/not catchable etc. In his defense though,,, the saints had a ton of drops while brooks was here. Sure you could make the argument that it was Brooks's lack of touch on his passes as he liked to laser it in there, but that's not really accuracy either and NFL receivers are paid to catch those balls.

best post i read in a long time. you know who the most accurate QB of all time is? i'll give you 100 guesses, peyton? marinot? elway? young? montana? aikman? brees? brady? nope keep guessing. Its chad pennington. do you know why? cause he ran an offensive system that was QB friendly. lots of quick passes, screens etc. completion % isn't the same as accuracy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom