N/S Eli Manning (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Does anyone else get the aaron brooks feeling about eli? He always seems to fumble or throw an interception at crucial times and does it at a higher rate than all other qbs.

Yes i know everyone will say "but he won a superbowl". But brooks never had talents like strahan, barber, burress, or that great oline.

I just think that like brooks he has tremendous talents that are being held back by his love for fumbling and throwing interceptions. And also they both lacked accuracy and throw very erratic passes often.

Flame Away.

I don't think Peyton's younger brother throws INTs at a higher rate, nor at more inopportune times, than any other starter.

I believe Brett Favre would probably hold that distinction. He has thrown both more TD passes, and more INTs, than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

I don't think Peyton's younger brother throws INTs at a higher rate, nor at more inopportune times, than any other starter.

I believe Brett Favre would probably hold that distinction. He has thrown both more TD passes, and more INTs, than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

Well right but he also doesnt throw the ball as much as a guy like favre does, thats why i said rate. Which would be per attempt.

I think Brooks had accuracy, he made a lot of amazing throws. He just locked onto receivers and forced throws he had no business throwing and also had a knack for the ball slipping out of his hand while trying to throw it.

DHe always seems to fumble or throw an interception at crucial times and does it at a higher rate than all other qbs.

Yes i know everyone will say "but he won a superbowl". But brooks never had talents like strahan, barber, burress, or that great oline.

I'm not particularly an Eli fan, or hater. He has his moments like many, many other QBs.

Having said that, your point was that he makes terrible plays when it matters, so people are obviously going to mention not just that he won a SuperBowl, but that he essentially won it with perhaps a Top 3 play of all-time in a SuperBowl...and on that play he did it without the defensive players you named, without Burress and Barber, and on a play where the OLine let him down.

It's safe to say a play like that matters more than a fumble against the Eagles, etc. He's like any good, but not elite QB...he makes his fair share of great plays, and a decent amount of bad ones. It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition (not that you were suggesting it was).

I agree with you. winning a SB isn't the measure of how good a single player is. Marino has 0 rings, dilfer and brad johnson have 1 each. who is the better QB? and its not even close. Eli had alot of luck to win that SB. samual dropped a game clinchin INT, he made a nice play to break away form presure but chucked up an ill advised pass that a scrub who isn't in teh NFL anymore made an amazing 1 hand to helmet catch on or else nobody would be thinking this.

eli is at his 7th full season point right now (149TDs)
104 INTs
59 Fumbles

Thats in 97 games

to put in in perspective the other 2 QBs taken in the 1st that year
ben 85 and 42 (152TDs)
rivers 54 and 42 (but dind't play at all until his 3rd year) 131TDs

Eli is overrated. If he played for the Bills and his last name was Smith, he would be regarded the same as Carson Palmer. A guy with some talent who never really fulfilled his potential.

eli.jpg

It all depends on what he's doing within the system.

without knowing what they're trying to do it's hard to tell. I'd put him in the 2nd tier QB. He's good enough but he needs help. He needs a stout defense.

Some guys are special. Eli is not "Special". If he didn't have a brother named Peyton who is putting up gawdy numbers year after year, no one would really care.

I think Brooks had accuracy, he made a lot of amazing throws. He just locked onto receivers and forced throws he had no business throwing and also had a knack for the ball slipping out of his hand while trying to throw it.
and running backwards out of the pocket...

I hear all the time how much Eli sucks, so how can he be over rated? Giant fans debate him all the time. Many love him, but some hate him.

He's not that accurate and he has problems with many things. But he's never missed a start, he's not an off the field problem, he's become a leader of the team. He's been bringing his young receivers along (until they all got injured). I think part of the problem is the complicated Giant offense and their OC (who's nickname is Killdrive). The Giants are going to live or die with Eli.

56% completion percentage in a West Coast-style offense for the majority of your career would not be considered particularly accurate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom