N/S ESPN 980 Washington reports 75 percent chance Fat Albert cut this weekhttp://twitter.com/Russellmania09/statuses/117 (1 Viewer)

Just saw that probably Adam right or this will be Joe Schad vs Chip Brown Big 12/10 mess part 2.

Who cares? He is a lazy, play-only-when-it-suits-me type of individual.

Please, no one with the "Make it happen Loomis" jokes on this one.

If he is cut, you'd have to think at least a couple of the 16 teams still vying for playoff spots would be interested. I wouldn't mind renting him for a few weeks if it didn't cost us anything next year (or whenever the lockout is over if it indeed happens).

1) I doubt they would outright cut him
2) If they did he would enter waivers
3) Anyone who claimed him off waivers would have to take on his contract

1) I doubt they would outright cut him
2) If they did he would enter waivers
3) Anyone who claimed him off waivers would have to take on his contract

What are the chances that the jets release Vernon Gholston in the offseason? I want to bring that guy here really bad.

They need to hold on to him....we would never be able to acquire him if he hit waivers...

Why? So he can suck here?

Cardinals fans would have told the jets fans the same thing about Calvin Pace a few years ago too. Different Schemes and a change of scenery can make a big difference to a Kid as talented as gholston who will only be 24 next year.

Understand one thing Shawn, there won't be any DE's in next years draft as talented as vernon gholston with the possible exception of Robert Quinn. If we can get Gholston for next to nothing then why not? He could be as big a hit here as Chris Ivory. Of course this is no guarantee but there would be almost no risk involved.

Cardinals fans would have told the jets fans the same thing about Calvin Pace a few years ago too. Different Schemes and a change of scenery can make a big difference to a Kid as talented as gholston who will only be 24 next year.

Understand one thing Shawn, there won't be any DE's in next years draft as talented as vernon gholston with the possible exception of Robert Quinn. If we can get Gholston for next to nothing then why not? He could be as big a hit here as Chris Ivory. Of course this is no guarantee but there would be almost no risk involved.

I really have to agree. He can come in, play down in a 4-3 like he learned the game, play behind Smith and Brown on the running downs, and just GATA on passing downs. In a year or two, potentially an every down player. If he can't hack it under Gregg Williams, very little investment by the Saints is lost. He is my single biggest want for this team this offseason.

I really have to agree. He can come in, play down in a 4-3 like he learned the game, play behind Smith and Brown on the running downs, and just GATA on passing downs. In a year or two, potentially an every down player. If he can't hack it under Gregg Williams, very little investment by the Saints is lost. He is my single biggest want for this team this offseason.

:plus-un2:If he works out it would be like having two first round draft picks.:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom