N/S ESPN currently in the middle of a 69-hour stretch during which it is airing no actual sporting event coverage (1 Viewer)

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN currently in the middle of a 69-hour stretch during which it is airing no actual sporting event coverage.</p>&mdash; Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) <a href="https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/786582595953913856">October 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ESPN can get off of my lawn.

rickyjones

I’ve always believed.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
ESPN jumped the shark years ago. Live games is all they have left-and if they go nearly 3 days without that they should just bow out.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I only watch ESPN for college football. And that's only out of necessity, when applicable. Thankfully, I can usually find a good game on other networks.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Don't worry. Soon they'll be doing E-Sports.

Can't wait for EVO 2017! They'll be playing Street Fighter Alpha and Super Monkey Ball!

whodat79

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
ESPN is garbage for sports reporting...I do however like the 30 for 30 series. They are working on a Ric Flair one for those wrasslin fans from the 80's and early 90's.

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
I stopped watching ESPN for anything other than Saints, Pelicans, and LSU games since 2012, After the whole bountygate BS I was done with them along with certain reporters and media.

saintsfan20

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate here, ESPN isn't the only "news" outlet that people are tired of. We live in the era of the 24/7 news cycle; overexposure to everything.

I stick to just my Yahoo Sports app on my phone for all my sports news (very convenient app), and then find ways to watch various sports events (I don't have cable, so I usually go to sports bars to watch most sports).

SaintAtPitt

Hold that Tiger!
Reaction score
I only watch ESPN for college football. And that's only out of necessity, when applicable. Thankfully, I can usually find a good game on other networks.
Same here. I'll watch CFB, the NFL, college basketball, and baseball. But I'm done with their shows. I remember I used to make sure I was watching College Gameday every Saturday morning years ago...haven't watched that in a long, long time.

Saints fan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
ESPN is garbage. Biggest thing that irks me is, if you go to their website, they have politics on it... One of the reasons I watch sports is because it used to be an escape from everything else going on. Same reason that I&#8217;ve lost interest in the NFL, minus the Saints.

saintsfan342000

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What if I told you there used to be a cable sports network that we depended on; that kids on summer vacation would watch the same show on repeat until 1 o'clock; that over a course of 10 years this network would devolve into a sports-oriented TMZ type of show.

ESPN needs to produce a 30for30 on the decline of ESPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom