[N/S] Falcons Could Be Headed For Big Changes (1 Viewer)

I was wondering if there was anyone around here who thinks that Vick is a RB playing QB?

Bonus points if you have been saying it for months.

If I were Mr. Blank, I'd have sat down with the GM and told him to look through the practice squads of every other NFL and Arena team in the world to find two wideouts who can catch. Just catch...route running, downfield blocking and all the other stuff is secondary. Just find me a couple guys with hands like Spiderman.

I think Vick could do quite well in a system where he has two reads before tucking and running. Dude one, dude two...take off. Provided dude one and dude two can actually hang onto the ball.

It really is sad, i love the saints but i am also a huge fan of the "sport of football". Vick has so much raw talent, raw being the proper word. If he was just coached properly so he can understand that you throw first, run second then maybe he would truly be the QB that everyone thought he could be 4 years ago. I hate the falcons, but i also hate watching someone with an abundance of talent flush it down the toilet.

Imagine, Bush with all his talent but noone to point him in the right direction and show him how the game is played at this level. it would be sad to see all of that potential being wasted. Thank you sean payton!

I was wondering if there was anyone around here who thinks that Vick is a RB playing QB?

Vick can run so many yards because he is a QB and he runs when there is an open spot. I wonder if he could still run all around the field if he was a RB. Check Dunn's stat in the last two games with Saints.

If I were Mr. Blank, I'd have sat down with the GM and told him to look through the practice squads of every other NFL and Arena team in the world to find two wideouts who can catch. Just catch...route running, downfield blocking and all the other stuff is secondary. Just find me a couple guys with hands like Spiderman.

I think Vick could do quite well in a system where he has two reads before tucking and running. Dude one, dude two...take off. Provided dude one and dude two can actually hang onto the ball.
I think you're right.

its sad, but apparently he needs it toned down that low.

best thing the falcons could do was start a different QB. Vick still relies on his running ability more than his passing. Unless a WR is WIDE OPEN (see saints game, he had a few) he takes off with it.

I think the Falcons should fire their RB and OL coaches, especially that guy they picked up from Denver. Bring back Glanville and use Vick in a shotgun offense.

No, but seriously, the Falcons have a good running game and would be better if they lost Vick and added some defense and a veteran qb with good possession receivers.

Bonus points if you have been saying it for months.

i dont think it would work, its different to take off running from the qb position (with the defense spread out on a pass play) than taking a handoff and hitting a hole.

would also take the "option" out of the play as everyone would know that he is going to run when he gets the ball (handoff)

qb and kick returner are the only positions i think he can play with any success , possibly wide out but after a few hits going across the middle he may retire lol

i also dont think he can take the pounding of a rb - he needs receivers, offensive minded HC, and possibly a veteran qb on the sidelines.

mora jr, a avg secondary coach was a bad choice for his HC.

im not sure how much of a hit they would take releaseing Roddy white, a 2nd yr player who was a 1st rd pick, but it would send a message to the other recievers that they are paid to catch the ball - i would definately sit white and play a reserve wide out against washington --- more jr needs to be more of a payton style coach instead of a haslett style - accountability

i mentioned that in another thread. they should just draft more TEs to play as WRs (like our boy colston) and another bruising RB. that way, if vick has to run, hes got some big downfield blockers who can actually catch. since he seems to love crumpler so much.

thats if they decide to keep using vick.

Despite the media's apparent incompetence at basic research, Colston was never a tight end. He was a "Run and Shoot" wide reciever at Hofstra.

The Pride has been known recently for its vaunted run-and-shoot offense, which helped quarterbacks Giovanni Carmazzi and Rocky Butler sign pro contracts in the NFL and the CFL, respectively.

Cohen has tried to establish a running game at the expense of those traditional Division I-AA shootouts, where Arena-like football scores are enjoyed by fans. Cohen will not deter from what he believes is a better long-term strategy of having a durable running game for an extended playoff run in the future. "You can't go from having no tight ends, no fullbacks, no offensive line, two-point stances to say bang we're two backs, tights end, making a full-scale change. This is not the NFL. We don't have free agency where we are able to sign 30 new players and trade 10 of our scholarships away for for different kids.'' We have a backlog of receivers right now. ''
http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ny-skmarc1026,0,6720335.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists

Last edited:
They need to take the ball puts vicks hands, he's no mcnabb, but the problem with that theory is his revuevers can't catch, maybe the need to put more double tightend in the offense and find another tj duckett, they lost more than they thought when they let him go.

eh?:dunno::ok::bartmat:

I just hope they dont make a run for Spitman. His contract is up this year and the there are rumors that he will head for greener pastures.

Optimus I feel sorry for that short guy behind you..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom