[N/S] Falcons Could Be Headed For Big Changes (1 Viewer)

KingOfBattle

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Source: AP, ESPN.com [ Full Article]

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank sat down with head coach Jim Mora Jr. and QB Michael Vick after losing their fourth straight game. Blank said that if things don't turn around in the next five weeks, changes are going to be made -- starting with the coaching staff and maybe including the head coach. "Ever since I've been here, we've had high expectations," Blank said. "We did not build this team to be .500. We thought this team was capable of making a playoff run. Anytime you fall short of that, it's disappointing."

Looks like the Falcons will continue to be a team we can wipe our feet on. Maybe the South will turn into the soft division over the next couple of years with the Bucs getting old and Blank fixing everything in Atlanta that is not the problem.

Wish I wrote for a sports media outlet......I coulda nailed this one two months ago.

They need to take the ball puts vicks hands, he's no mcnabb, but the problem with that theory is his revuevers can't catch, maybe the need to put more double tightend in the offense and find another tj duckett, they lost more than they thought when they let him go.

They need to take the ball puts vicks hands, he's no mcnabb, but the problem with that theory is his revuevers can't catch, maybe the need to put more double tightend in the offense and find another tj duckett, they lost more than they thought when they let him go.

i mentioned that in another thread. they should just draft more TEs to play as WRs (like our boy colston) and another bruising RB. that way, if vick has to run, hes got some big downfield blockers who can actually catch. since he seems to love crumpler so much.

thats if they decide to keep using vick.

Source: Blank said that if things don't turn around in the next five weeks, changes are going to be made -- starting with the coaching staff and maybe including the head coach.

Vick must be a coach killer since no mention of QB change. Tough to be Mora Jr., cause if he wanted to change QBs to save his job, Vick's bazillion dollar contract plays too much into that. Never happen, but even if Falcons ever wanted to trade Vick, the cap hit would force them to let many of their players go. For better or worst, Falcons will have to play Vick for a long time to come.

His last name is fitting because it seems to fit his understanding of the NFL. Why in the world would an owner sit down with the HC and the QB during the season. How emasculating for the GM. What is he chopped liver? The guys a tool. And I'm very happy for it.

"As Ther Georgia Dome Turns" Seems like a lose-lose situation to me. Even though Matt Shaub is the better QB people aren't going to buy season tickets to see him. the media has been swingin' and slurpin on Vick's jock so long now people only have one thing on their mind, ' ole #7. The thrill of seein' a NFL QB breaking out of the pocket for a 50 yd scramble is far better than winning.

Blank was given a Coronation back when he pioneered the $10 seats.. now he looks like he's cheap..except for Vick's contract..it will be pure jpy to watch the Falcons disinigrate to nothing the rest of the year as we hopefully excel. Bubye Falcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom