N/S: Falcons' game vs. Seattle will tell us a lot (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
To me, this game will tell whether or not they're for real or frauds.

If they beat Seattle (in their 2nd tough road-game-in-a-row), I believe you'll have to take them seriously. IIRC, Seattle's defense is rated #1 in the NFL, although their offense is not exactly lighting things up.

It's still early, but the Falcons' defense showed up last week (...previously ranked 28th). We'll see if they can sustain it in the coming weeks.

Are 4-1 Falcons for real? - NFL Videos

In the meantime, we just have to take care of OUR business. :cool:

:gosaints:

Seattle wins this game with Jimmy Graham putting up 127 yards and two TD's. I see Jimmy having monster games against at least three of their NFC South opponents.

First it was the Cavs, now the Cubs. This seems to be the year for long suffering fan bases. Are the Falcons next?

Strange & all as it seems IF we beat the Panthers (they look like our easiest opponent so far perhaps) & Atlanta lose in Seattle then the chin stroking begins around here again.......
This Sunday could see signs of life again for us if even just for a week.

The Falcons really surprised me with the win in Denver. As much as I hate to admit it, they may indeed be for real this year.

Excuse me while I go vomit now.

Meh, they were for real last season starting 5-0... then they managed to lose 8 of their 11 remaining games to finish 8-8 on the season...

So who knows....

The Falcons really surprised me with the win in Denver. As much as I hate to admit it, they may indeed be for real this year.

Excuse me while I go vomit now.
LOL...I hear ya.
I kind of chalked up their win to Denver putting a rookie QB in.
Would results have been different if their starter was in? Who knows?

But I do agree, if they can pull off a win @ Seattle, I will give them props.

I'm still waiting on their late season meltdown. It's bound to happen!

This reminds me of a few years back when the NFCS took turns putting a team in the NFCCG or SB almost every year.

Altanta's offense is for real this year so I'm expecting them to score 20 to 24 points against Seattle's D in Seattle... which would be a great showing for them.

But I also expect Seattle with a healthy Russell Wilson to put up 30 to 33 points against Atlanta's so-so D.

Fiinal score... Seattle 31, Atlanta 24.

Meh, they were for real last season starting 5-0... then they managed to lose 8 of their 11 remaining games to finish 8-8 on the season...

So who knows....
The main reasons for that have also been fixed (nobody could snap the ball without fumbling, no alternative receiving targets to Julio, Freeman being run into the ground because Coleman was out hurt, had no LBs who could tackle or cover, etc)

The only thing we really have to worry about now is whether Shanahan will be too stubborn or incompetent to make adjustments again when defenses figure it out. I don't expect to go 15-1 but I'm not expecting another collapse either.

LOL...I hear ya.
I kind of chalked up their win to Denver putting a rookie QB in.
Would results have been different if their starter was in? Who knows?

But I do agree, if they can pull off a win @ Seattle, I will give them props.

I'm still waiting on their late season meltdown. It's bound to happen!
Who were they missing on defense though? :scratch:

Who were they missing on defense though? :scratch:
From what I saw, Denver's D was clicking early. But their offense couldn't get anything going at all. Paxton Lynch wasn't setting his feet, and was overthrowing his receivers by a mile. Typical rookie jitters.
Denver's D eventually wore down. When their offense couldn't keep up and make it competitive, it was probably very deflating for their D.

In 2011, the Saints and 49ers both had 13-3 records....and the Packers were 15-1.

And yet a 9-7 team won the SB, a SB which didn't include any of the aforementioned 3 teams.

Regardless of what happens in this particular game, there is still alot of football to be played.

I will never say the Falcons are 'for real' until the 2nd half of the season. They have a history of starting off blazing and tanking later in the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom