N/S: Falcons' game vs. Seattle will tell us a lot (1 Viewer)

I can't take that Broncos win.seriously because they were fortunate enough to play Paxton Lynch who is clearly not as good as Seimian

Atlanta defensive rankings through 5 weeks :
Total defense : #26
Passing D : #26
Def front 7 : #28
Opposing team ppg :#28

A receipe for disaster in December & subsequent playoffs (assuming they make it that far). At the end of the day, you gotta be able to stop someone when it matters most.

Falcons are still soft on defense.

From what I saw, Denver's D was clicking early. But their offense couldn't get anything going at all. Paxton Lynch wasn't setting his feet, and was overthrowing his receivers by a mile. Typical rookie jitters.
Denver's D eventually wore down. When their offense couldn't keep up and make it competitive, it was probably very deflating for their D.
Does this mean Osweiler and Peyton were better than everyone thought?

I will never say the Falcons are 'for real' until the 2nd half of the season. They have a history of starting off blazing and tanking later in the year.
I think it's happened twice during the Matt Ryan era. That's more of an anomaly than a history if you ask me. People must be confusing the Falcons and the Braves - who are absolutely notorious for the second half collapse :1crysad:

The win in Seattle was the turning point for the Panthers last year --in week 5, no less.

I remember thinking that the Panthers were going to get a dose of reality from the Hawks and when they pulled out the win -- it seemed like something switched on and they just rolled after that.

I'm betting this will be an emotionally charged game for the Falcons with Dan Quinn returning to Seattle. I'm betting their defense will be charged up and the offense will be playing fast and loose. Heck, if anyone can exploit the Hawks defense, I imagine their former D coordinator is the guy.

However, if the Hawks front seven can bog down the running game/short passing game, Ryan might start forcing some mistakes. Regardless -- I see a very close game.

Does this mean Osweiler and Peyton were better than everyone thought?

Sorry Falcon Fan....I'm still waiting for "it" to happen
atlanta-falcons.jpg
:hihi:

The win in Seattle was the turning point for the Panthers last year --in week 5, no less.

I remember thinking that the Panthers were going to get a dose of reality from the Hawks and when they pulled out the win -- it seemed like something switched on and they just rolled after that.

I'm betting this will be an emotionally charged game for the Falcons with Dan Quinn returning to Seattle. I'm betting their defense will be charged up and the offense will be playing fast and loose. Heck, if anyone can exploit the Hawks defense, I imagine their former D coordinator is the guy.

However, if the Hawks front seven can bog down the running game/short passing game, Ryan might start forcing some mistakes. Regardless -- I see a very close game.

If I had no anti-Falcon rooting bias, I'd probably strongly consider that Falcons + 6 point spread......for the reasons that you've mentioned.

Altanta's offense is for real this year so I'm expecting them to score 20 to 24 points against Seattle's D in Seattle... which would be a great showing for them.

But I also expect Seattle with a healthy Russell Wilson to put up 30 to 33 points against Atlanta's so-so D.

Fiinal score... Seattle 31, Atlanta 24.

so-so is being generous. theyre a half notch above the Saints D at best. Allowing 28/game.

I've resolved just to hope that the Saints get their act together and win enough of these last 12 games to get into the post season.

I've resolved just to hope that the Saints get their act together and win enough of these last 12 games to get into the post season.

I've been wanting this for ages. Don't get me wrong, if they go on an absolute tear and finish somewhere around 11-5 or 12-4, I'll jump for joy......but since that PROBABLY isn't gonna happen, I just wanna see them sneak into the playoffs with a so-so record JUST ONCE in the modern era. There was like 1 season ever where they got in as a wild card at 8-8 in the Mora years..........but under Haslett and Payton, there have never been any 8-8 / 9-7 wild card berths. They always found some way to finish a win or 2 short of what they would have needed to get in, and that was always incredibly frustrating.

Anyone else feel....dirty...for having to pull for the Seahawks to win a game?

I mean, I get it. they're playing the Falcons. It's the lesser of two evils. But still, cheering for the Hawks is just not something that I feel good about doing.

I'd consider pulling for a tie, but that would be disrespectful to the tie itself. It's not his fault he'd be pulled into a Falcons-Seahawks game.

The Falcons are not the type of team (like the freaking Rams every year) that comes in a beats the Seahawks in the CLink. The only thing that worries me is the weather...it is supposed to be nasty. I know on the surface that should favor Seattle but I think the Hawks are going to win anyway and don't want any added variables.
Atlanta also made a huge mistake staying on the road after Denver. As someone who travels a lot (85+ hotel nights so far this year) it wears on you....especially living out of hotels for a 10+ day stretch . And they won't admit it but they probably feel like they are playing with house money after the Denver win and figure no matter what happens on Sunday it has been a great road trip.
It probably won't be a blowout but Seattle wins and covers.

First it was the Cavs, now the Cubs. This seems to be the year for long suffering fan bases. Are the Falcons next?
Of the teams that are left in the Playoffs, I'm pulling for the Cleveland Indians all the way!

#1) Major Leagues was an awesome movie!

#2) Wouldn't it be crazy to see Cleveland's championship drought get broken TWICE in the same year???

#3) I hate the Cubs. Always have. They are not loveable losers. Plus, they always seem to diss on the White Sox, which have won more World Series titles in the last 100 years than the Cubs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom