N/S Falcons have chance to be first team ever to go 5 straight games without a turnover (1 Viewer)

I refuse to pay them a compliment.

I'm not going to say they're a great team because I don't think that, but limiting turnovers will go a long way towards winning games. They don't shoot themselves in the foot. Not paying compliments. It's the truth.

Awesome for them.

Claim to Fame

Saints - Super Bowl 44 Champions

Falcons - Once went 5 games without a turnover and has had back to back winning seasons once.

This makes a lot of sense. I was wondering how they were winning all those games. They are winning games they shouldn't because they are lucky enough not to have any turnovers. Having very few turnovers is paying attention and working at it, having NO turn overs in 5 weeks is luck. When the turnovers do hit, they will be losing games again.

I hope the eat a LOT of pastries against the Bucs!!!

Kris

Limiting turnovers is important and they're to be commended for good decision-making and ball security, but if you put the ball in the air, you're at risk for turning it over. Eventually, even if you make nothing but flawless decisions with the ball, it's going to be tipped at the line or off the hands of a receiver straight into the air... or the receiver is going to be stripped from behind, or whatever. Those things have relatively little to do with the design of the offense and more to do with chance. This level of ball security is not sustainable. There are elements of random chance that affect turnovers, and I would be shocked if the Falcons don't encounter them down the stretch.

Those Tampa Bay retro uniforms will be the difference on Sunday. The Falcons will be too busy laughing at those pumpkin jerseys and lose their focus. Turnovers will surely follow. I think TB actually has a good chance to win this game, especially with Atlanta coming off a big emotional win against GB.

Those Tampa Bay retro uniforms will be the difference on Sunday. The Falcons will be too busy laughing at those pumpkin jerseys and lose their focus. Turnovers will surely follow. I think TB actually has a good chance to win this game, especially with Atlanta coming off a big emotional win against GB.

Yes and the Bucs gave the heavily favored Packers an @55whipping when wearing those uniforms last year.:hihi:

This makes a lot of sense. I was wondering how they were winning all those games. They are winning games they shouldn't because they are lucky enough not to have any turnovers. Having very few turnovers is paying attention and working at it, having NO turn overs in 5 weeks is luck. When the turnovers do hit, they will be losing games again.

IMO, when the first turnover comes, it'll kind of upset the team mentally, which will cause the turnovers to come in bunches.

balloon-burst.jpg

That didn't last long in the Bucs game. Matt threw a pass that he knew he shouldn't have tried. He actually pumped beforehand and decided to throw it anyway. I guess that's why nobody has done 5 games. It's probably one of the most difficult things to do in sports, because it only takes a tiny mistake against pros and they will capitalize on it.

I'm just glad to get out of there with a win. Tampa always plays us tough. As much as we have a love-to-hate rivalry, Bucs/Falcons is a hate match from beginning to end. With Saints-Falcons it's primarily the fans who go at it. With the Bucs, the players are on the edge of a fight the whole game. They don't like each other at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom