N/S Falcons offer Mike Smith (Jags DC) job as HC (1 Viewer)

I like Jack DelRio as a coach and he has spoken highly of Smith and he should since he is one of his coaches. I would be afraid that the Falcons will benefit from the energy of a first time head coach with NFL experience and their last place schedule giving them a boost. But if things do work right for Smith the falcons will be 3 years out at best.

I like Jack DelRio as a coach and he has spoken highly of Smith and he should since he is one of his coaches. I would be afraid that the Falcons will benefit from the energy of a first time head coach with NFL experience and their last place schedule giving them a boost. But if things do work right for Smith the falcons will be 3 years out at best.

I would agree. While anything can happen in the span of one year, I think the Falcons have fundamental problems at almost every position on both sides of the ball. They have a lot to overcome, and this Mike Smith guy is kind of an unknown. We'll see what happens, but I'm skeptical.

Man Mr. Blank is going really low on the totem pole for a coach..

Sad part is that they had a good HC in Jim Mora. I thought he was a pretty good coach. Still not sure why they fired him.

Mora was waaay over his head as a coach. Would Payton even consider joking on a radio show about wanting to be Head Coach of a college team instead of the NFL team who currently employs you? Remember, Mora did this a few days before their biggest & most important game that year, The Cowboys! If they'd won, they may have made it to the playoffs.

2ndly, he even didn't wear his headset during games until the local sports radio show questioned why he wasn't, isn't he supposed to be the HEAD coach.

I would like to wish him the same as I did Jim Jr. and Bobby ... that is: I hope he fails miserably. So bad so, that he's fired very soon and Blank seriously considers his options as far as continuing to be an NFL owner.

I hope they pick first in 2009.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom