N/S: Favre should be credited with the Jets 3-0 start (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you caught this live, but someone called out Chris Berman for actually attributing the Jets 3-0 start to Favre being in NY last season. No kidding.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/09/worst-nfl-commentary-of-all-time.html

Berman reflected on Favre's year in New York. He said that the Jets' current success should be attributed to Favre's presence there a year ago. He said, "Favre taught them...He taught them about winning."

He actually said that.

I am a fan of Favre, I love watching him play. Last week was a testament to his abilities, even at 40. But please...

When will the media stop making baboons out of themselves in Favre love?

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree. The current Jets roster includes players who have made the playoffs with the Jets no less like Kerry Rhodes, Jerricho Cotchery, Ferguson and Mangold, etc. Alan Faneca has a Superbowl ring with the Steelers, and if anyone is setting the tone in New Jersey it's Rex Ryan and his Superbowl ring.

Arokusaki

The Master Shredder
Reaction score
When I read the title, I thought this was going down a different path. I.e., Jets are successful because Favre is gone! I agree, the coaching staff has more to do with the improvement than Favre.

JCB

Breesus of Nazereth
Reaction score
Favre taught the Jets, go young at Qb, so that your still effective weeks 9 thru 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom