N/S--Flacco says Superbowl in cold weather is "********" (1 Viewer)

You have it all wrong man. It's not about political correctness. I couldn't give a crap about being politically correct. It's about morals. How would you feel if you said the word "******" in a derogatory manner in front of a child with down-syndrome? If you have a heart, you'd feel horrible because that kid is already going through enough. What about if you made fun of gay people, and a young homosexual hears it and kills himself? You think that's dramatic? Well it's not. That stuff happens all the time, and it's disgusting. Have some pride in yourself man, and try to think about others for a change.

I think this is apples and oranges but it's my opinion you choose to be gay and you don't to be ********. You also choose to kill yourself. If you choose to kill yourself because of a choice then you done exactly what you wanted to do with your life IMO at least. Which i politically intitled too. Or at least I used to be.

I think this is apples and oranges but it's my opinion you choose to be gay and you don't to be ********.

OH CRAP DAVE168, you just opened up a whole new can of worms with this one!!! With all the hurt feelings going on about "THE WORD", this is going to cause an implosion!!!

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones"? I remember hearing that phrase commonly as a kid growing up. It was meant to teach us that whatever someone called you or however someone insulted you, it was just words. Now it seems that everyone in this country is offended or hurt by another person's words. How in the heck did most of these offended people make it through school? Ultimately though, you'll NEVER stop people from saying what they want to say.
You can blame the Clintons on that change. Thats when the word police came out in full force.

Yeah, it's time we take gay back from those homosexuals. I want to be gay. I want to shout it from the mountains. :hihi:

When I was a kid I remember drawing rainbows and basically digging on them with nothing else attached to the concept. At some point though...
vector-rainbow-in-the-clouds-prev-by-dragonart.jpg

See what I mean? Totally co-opted.

I think this is apples and oranges but it's my opinion you choose to be gay and you don't to be ********. You also choose to kill yourself. If you choose to kill yourself because of a choice then you done exactly what you wanted to do with your life IMO at least. Which i politically intitled too. Or at least I used to be.

Low hanging fruit.

There seems to be alot of folks butthurt over something someone NONE of us even knows. Nevermind the guy (Joe Flacco, generally accepted to be a decent cat) immediately retracted his statement, acknowledged his faux pas, and moved on...obviously caught up in his first Super Bowl. I say good for him.

People are in such an all-fired hurry to find something to whine/complain about. Get a grip folks. Enjoy another Super Bowl in our beautiful City/State and get back to loving your family/life/Failcants missing another Super Bowl/etc...

I think the fact that the word filter blocks ******** and not gay shows us all we need to know about who is right here. At least the admins of this site know what's right. Down with the sinners!

People are so sensitive now. I don't know. I was bullied some in school as most people were. I didn't consider it so horrible that I had to kill a bunch of people or throw myself off of the nearest bridge. Back then, my parents used to basically tell me to ignore and avoid those people and focus on your friends and that's what I did. I tell the same thing to my kids when somebody gives them some trouble.

Now they have bullying classes and such. It just seems like they are going to a lot of trouble to fix something that can't be fixed. Kids are cruel. It hasn't changed in the last 10,000 year of human evolution and it's not going to change now.

I guess my point is, if people are looking for a reason to be offended they will certainly find it. Flacco using the dreaded R word in a Super Bowl interview is not the end of the world. People should be ignoring it instead of making a federal case out of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom