N/S--Flacco says Superbowl in cold weather is "********" (1 Viewer)

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
Joe Flacco of Baltimore Ravens rips plan to play 2014 Super Bowl in N.J. - ESPN

later apologizes for using "********"

"I think it's ********. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid," he told reporters after the Ravens arrived in New Orleans for Sunday's Super Bowl. "If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one.

The record low for a Super Bowl kickoff is 39 degrees when Dallas beat Miami in January 1972 at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans.

mods: sorry, didn't know the "r" word would be removed.

That's one thing I like about Flacco. He's not afraid to be politically incorrect.

Joe Flacco of Baltimore Ravens rips plan to play 2014 Super Bowl in N.J. - ESPN

later apologizes for using "********"

"I think it's ********. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid," he told reporters after the Ravens arrived in New Orleans for Sunday's Super Bowl. "If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one.

The record low for a Super Bowl kickoff is 39 degrees when Dallas beat Miami in January 1972 at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans.

mods: sorry, didn't know the "r" word would be removed.

saw this yesterday and got a chuckle. Here is a QB enjoying himself in one of the only few places that it should be commenting on the absurdity of messing with that.

So, the word "********" is not allowed any more?:rolleyes:

Why should it be? That word has come to signify stupid or dumb or something bad, but the word really means slow. It's an insult to those that are truly mentally handicapped.

It's the same concept as people using "gay" as a derogatory term. "Gay" means homosexual, but people use it inappropriately all the time in a bad context.

And no, I don't have anyone in my family who is "gay" or has down-syndrome. I'm just not uncouth. I was raised with manners and taught to respect people.

Neg rep away!

Oh, and as for the OP, I think it is a horrible idea to put the Superbowl in the cold weather. Totally destroys the neutrality of the game. Imagine if we're playing NE or Baltimore in NY right now? Snow flurries, wind, freezing temperatures... Gee.... I wonder who has the advantage.

Another genius idea from Goodell :jpshakehead:

Why should it be? That word has come to signify stupid or dumb or something bad, but the word really means slow. It's an insult to those that are truly mentally handicapped.

It's the same concept as people using "gay" as a derogatory term. "Gay" means homosexual, but people use it inappropriately all the time in a bad context.

And no, I don't have anyone in my family who is "gay" or has down-syndrome. I'm just not uncouth. I was raised with manners and taught to respect people.

Neg rep away!

I bet you have a "holiday tree" instead of a Christmas tree too huh? So as not to be uncouth or anything.

Thanks for the lesson in political correctness, but i'm gonna pass.... I like the way I was raised better than the way you were raised.

Neg rep away!

Gay used to mean happy. I miss being gay.

I bet you have a "holiday tree" instead of a Christmas tree too huh? So as not to be uncouth or anything.

Thanks for the lesson in political correctness, but i'm gonna pass.... I like the way I was raised better than the way you were raised.

You have it all wrong man. It's not about political correctness. I couldn't give a crap about being politically correct. It's about morals. How would you feel if you said the word "******" in a derogatory manner in front of a child with down-syndrome? If you have a heart, you'd feel horrible because that kid is already going through enough. What about if you made fun of gay people, and a young homosexual hears it and kills himself? You think that's dramatic? Well it's not. That stuff happens all the time, and it's disgusting. Have some pride in yourself man, and try to think about others for a change.

Neg rep away!

Wish granted.

Let's be afraid to use actual words in their real context because ignorant people have prescribed those words to be derogatory.

So, if you choose to say the word is hurtful, you're just as ignorant.

Case in point, if you want to use a word, think about it; stand behind your own thoughts and don't be a puppet on what others tell you to say and believe.

You have it all wrong man. It's not about political correctness. I couldn't give a crap about being politically correct. It's about morals. How would you feel if you said the word "******" in a derogatory manner in front of a child with down-syndrome? If you have a heart, you'd feel horrible because that kid is already going through enough. What about if you made fun of gay people, and a young homosexual hears it and kills himself? You think that's dramatic? Well it's not. That stuff happens all the time, and it's disgusting. Have some pride in yourself man, and try to think about others for a change.

I don't recall Joe Flacco sitting in the press room staring at a mentally handicapped child and calling him "slow".

Which brings us back to the root problem. You're now putting words into people's mouths.

In the scientific community, the word "******" is used liberally for what it's main root definition is. Let's make sure we call any scientist or engineer we see daily that he's a bad person for using a stupid word.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom