N/S For the First Time in the History of the National Football League... (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
... a team that possessed the ball for less than a quarter won the game.. Last night when Indianapolis defeated Miami, the Colts time of possession for the game was 14:53.. According to 'ESPN First Take', this had never happened before.

Yep. Pretty crazy.

Eating up the clock doesn't mean crap if you aren't putting points on the board in the process. I think this is why TOP seems to show no real pattern year after year as far as winning and losing.

FGs instead of TDs, 1 arguably 2 dropped TD passes by Ginn, the dropped TD pass by the TE, the defense giving up big plays to the Colts, etc. etc.

FGs instead of TDs
When Miami kicked that field goal near the end of the half rather than go for it on 4th and 1 and continue to run out the clock, I knew it would come back to bite them. Sure enough, Manning led the team down the field for a halftime tying FG. I didn't even bother watching the 2nd half. Miami is falling, hard.

colts defense sucks too much

and their offense is not that good .. rookie receivers ... the problem is that miami defense is too bad too

I was amazed when I heard them announce this at the end of the game. As a strong advocate for ball control offenses, I'm intrigued by the Colts' performance and the Cowboys', who lost despite 251 yards on the ground. This was one of the more unique weeks in football that I can remember.

I was amazed when I heard them announce this at the end of the game. As a strong advocate for ball control offenses, I'm intrigued by the Colts' performance and the Cowboys', who lost despite 251 yards on the ground. This was one of the more unique weeks in football that I can remember.

every single week of this football season will have some dogma breaking event for the NFL. the Saints winning the Superbowl will be the apex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom