N/S Former Saints We Love (1 Viewer)

T-Rex is by far the former Saint im missing the most. Kind of crazy how nearly everyone from the fans to media wrote him off as a fluke year performer.

The seasons prior to his break out were marred w/dings & injuries that kept him from consistently being on the field. Then the year he’s healthy, he blows up for 13 Sacks.

Letting Trey H walk is the Rob Ninkovich mistake happening all over again. Man…our D could sure use some of that T-Rex pressure right now.

Willie Roaf is one I think everyone loves. One of the best O-Lineman in NFL history and a true hall of famer.

For a more obscure one, Hollis the Tank Thomas. We got him on draft day in a trade with the Eagles as a "throw in" and he started at nose tackle for us. Guy was hilarious, wore spongebob pajamas, and had fun playing the game. Oh and he was a huge man that was almost impossible to move off the snap.

Or how about the Predator, Mike McKenzie? Signed him from Green Bay and he quickly became our first "real" CB in quite some time. If nothing else, he is one of my faves for coming out of retirement when we were decimated by injury to take down Tom Brady and the Patriots, even had an interception in the game.

I have many more, but those were the first few that came to mind. I may add more later when I get some work accomplished!

The Bury a Body Squad:

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Deuce
RB: Pierre Thomas
FB: Mike Karney
WR: Colston
WR: Eric Martin
WR: Lance Moore
LT: Willie Roaf
LG: Carl Nicks
C: Max Unger
RG: Jahri Evans
RT: Stan Brock

DE: Wayne Martin
DT: Norman Hand
DE: Will Smith

LB: The Dome Patrol

CB: Jabari Greer
S: Roman Harper
S: Sammy Knight
CB: Dave Waymer
N: Tracy Porter

P: 6
K: 7
RS: Beerman

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom