N/S - Gaines Adams (TB) traded to Chicago for a 2010 pick (1 Viewer)

jackers

Voted Ron Paul - '08
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't see this one coming.

Oh, this is via Adam Schefter's twitter

llama

Very Banned
Reaction score
I wish we were going to this year's game in Tampa instead of last year's rain (and mustard) fest.

Kamara 4 MVP

All-Pro
Reaction score
home field advantage just got a little harder to get. I do not want to play in chicago again in january.

geaux saints!

Lucketty

Reaction score

The Bears have 2010 draft picks?

I thought Adams was doing well. Why would you trade one of the few young solid players on your team when you're trying to rebuild and you have a ridiculous amount of cap room?

OP
jackers

jackers

Voted Ron Paul - '08
Reaction score

The Bears have 2010 draft picks?

I thought Adams was doing well. Why would you trade one of the few young solid players on your team when you're trying to rebuild and you have a ridiculous amount of cap room?

My thought exactly. Sure, he hasn't lived up to his draft stock but he is young, athletic, and is starting to come around. Adam Schefter thinks it may be for a 2nd round pick, which is good value for him though.

I still wouldn't have pulled that trigger if I was in the TB organization.

Don Juan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This sounds bad but picks mean a young team and lots of talent that the new coach wants and they may get the value that they want in the future..... i wouldnt do it but maybe he did not fit what the direction of the team.,,,, i have a hard time trying to see the reasoning in this so im rambling lol

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Seriously, what are the Bucs doing? You look at them now and think "they're building for the future". Now they go and trade a decent young player for a future draft pick? Weird move.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I really don't understand this move at all. The Bucs are a franchise in freefall.

OP
jackers

jackers

Voted Ron Paul - '08
Reaction score
Seriously, what are the Bucs doing? You look at them now and think "they're building for the future". Now they go and trade a decent young player for a future draft pick? Weird move.

And as much as I hate to say it, probably a late round pick. The bears should finish in the top 1/3 of the league pushing their pick down the draft board.

Very odd.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow, the Bucs will announce that they will be going back to their original unis to complete their transition to the horrible bucs of old.

Wheelo

I <3 Saints
Reaction score
They wanted their pick back from winslow, and gaines adams is a typical cover 2 scheme DE, which the Bucs are trying to move away from. I think it was a good deal.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
From reading the Sucs board the past few weeks, Gaines Adams hasn't done jack to warrant his draft pick

The Bucs haven't done jack this season to warrant their continued existence as a functioning NFL franchise, so I don't know if that's localized only to him.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't understand this move at all. The Bucs are a franchise in freefall.

Since they drafted him I hadn't really heard his name called all that much. He hadn't lived up to the potential he was drafted for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom