N/S - Gaines Adams (TB) traded to Chicago for a 2010 pick (1 Viewer)

The Bucs haven't done jack this season to warrant their continued existence as a functioning NFL franchise, so I don't know if that's localized only to him.
Except a superbowl. One of the great defenses in recent years. But yeah, other that, they have done nothing.

I might be in the minority but I feel like its a steal for the Bucs. The guy clearly wasn't who they thought he was when they drafted him. I'd be angry if SP and Mickey gave up a 2nd for him...

Since they drafted him I hadn't really heard his name called all that much. He hadn't lived up to the potential he was drafted for.

He averaged something like six sacks for 07 and 08. He had two interceptions last year, as well. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire, but throwing in the towel on a guy that's only in his third year and hasn't been an outright bust is kind of weird.

Except a superbowl. One of the great defenses in recent years. But yeah, other that, they have done nothing.

If you read my post again, I'm sure you'll understand why your reply has nothing to do with anything.

Watch the bucs do something like trade that high pick for Kerry Collins or something.

the falcons were also tired of brett favre when they traded him and he worked out pretty well
maybe Adams was on the wrong team at the wrong time. maybe now he will live up to his potential

Evidently, people on this board haven't watched many Bucs games as I'm subjected to every Sunday (living in that area). Gaines has been absolutely terrible and the media as well as the fans have been speculating that he might be cut after this season. Since day 1, they have been bashing Gruden for picking him up when they should have taken Adrian Peterson. Of course, they are acting with hindsight, but they sure have been saying that since the day he was drafted.

Evidently, people on this board haven't watched many Bucs games as I'm subjected to every Sunday (living in that area). Gaines has been absolutely terrible and the media as well as the fans have been speculating that he might be cut after this season. Since day 1, they have been bashing Gruden for picking him up when they should have taken Adrian Peterson. Of course, they are acting with hindsight, but they sure have been saying that since the day he was drafted.

I don't think AD would be of much help for the Bucs right now.

I didn't see this one coming either, but I tip my hat to Dominick the GM for getting a 2nd round pick for Bust Adams. Most people in this thread have not watched Adams consistently. He is a one dimensional pass rusher, with one move, which is easily fended off by the NFL's top offensive linemen. He cannot play the run at all, and is usually handled one on one by one blocker. He's not even chipped by a RB or a TE, they let the OL handle him. Most of his sacks are where the QB falls down and Adams was the first there to touch him down. He was a huge disappointment for a #5 overall pick, and like getting a #2 from the Colts for Booger McFarland, who was a bust after Sapp left, this is one good deal. Now we have 10 picks already in the 2010 draft. Hopefully the GM and the college scouts will choose wisely and get this rebuilding back on track quickly.

Guy i work with brought up a good point, (he's a huge bears fan)... The bears are already pretty set at DE... Not really a great reason for him to be in Chicago unless they wanna move him to DT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom