N/S Garrett offered the Ravens head coaching job (1 Viewer)

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ESPN.com reports that the Ravens have offered Dallas coordinator Jason Garrett their head coaching job. Some local reports in Baltimore says Garrett has been hired, but ESPN reports that no decision has been made by Garrett yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523

Delicious...the implosion of Dallas has begun.

Last edited:
ESPN.com reports that the Ravens have offered Dallas coordinator Jason Garrett their head coaching job. Some local reports in Baltimore says Garrett has been hired, but ESPN reports that no decision has been made by Garrett yet.

Delicious...the implosion of Dallas has begun.

If this holds up, so much for being the heir-apparent to the "place-holder" Wade Phillips.

Jerry Jone's plastic in his face just tightened up another couple notches.

I think everyone here is pretty much expecting him and Tony Sparano to leave. Wade, err I mean Jerry will have his work cut out to get a new offensive coordinator.

I think you might see a major bump in the road for Romo and that offense if speculation stands that Sparano goes to Dallas and Garrett goes to Baltimore. That's three offenses in 3 years unless they hire someone in-house to take over and keep Garrett's system.

I could just see by the look that Jerry had on the sidelines that it was going to hit the fan. Whether some coordinators were just jumping ship or or pushed off the ship, I saw this one coming.

Romo's raw talent should get him by, but it will be interesting to see yet another change in his breif career.

Wonder if Wade gets fired in the next couple of hours.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Let's not forget that Jerry personally hired Garrett before Wade. The thought then was that Garrett would groom for the head coaching position, and that Jerry would only hire a head coach he had no intention of keeping around. Maybe as GM he decides to promote Wade to some "advisor" position knowing that Wade will turn it down and quit.

I don't understand what the sudden rise in popularity for Garrett is. This was his first season as an OC. He was QB's coach under Saban...we all know how well that went....what makes him such a hot commodity now.

Last edited:
I don't understand what the sudden rise in popularity for Garrett is. This was his first season as an OC. He was QB's coach under Saban...we all know how well that went....what makes him such a hot commodity now.

I'm with you. When Garrett was hired here, all I kept hearing on local sports talk and news is how great of a head coach Jason would make. Despite his lack of head coaching or coordinator experience. Maybe he's a media generated hot commodity, but his offense just finished putting up 17 points against a weak Giants secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought the same thing too, Frank. But I heard an interview with him the other day, and wow, the guy really is super intelligent and comes across like a true leader. He sounds like a head coach...much more than Wade Phillips. Everyone you hear that has been around him says essentially the same thing. I think he may need a little more experience, but Baltimore is probably trying to jump ahead of Atlanta and Dallas in locking him up. For the Saints, the best thing that could happen is for him to coach in the AFC.

I bet Jones' gives him a huge raise and guarantees he'll be the head coach in Dallas after another year or two.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ng5qwtR59A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ng5qwtR59A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I bet Jones' gives him a huge raise and guarantees he'll be the head coach in Dallas after another year or two.

With or without Wade knowing about this? I can't see Wade sticking around if one of his subordinates is guaranteed his job in a year or 2.

Would love it if they both leave Dallas. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team. It will all come down to whether or not Garrett wants to be a head coach now and not later because, apparently, the money will be the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom