N/S Gonzales wants more than 7 mill and to skip Training Camp to stay with Falcons (1 Viewer)

Sean

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sorry no link, just saw it on the NFL Network daily update about an hour ago. I didn't catch all of it but I did hear the reporter say that Gonzales wants around 10 million if he was to stay with Atlanta this year and to skip Training Camp too. This has all the beginning stages of summer 2010 Favre with Vikings :spit:

All I'm wondering is if Roddy and Juilo are all that and a bag of chips and Ryan is "elite" :rolleyes: then why are the Failcons front office begging him to come back so much? :scratch: Let the desperation begin!

Sorry no link, just saw it on the NFL Network daily update about an hour ago. I didn't catch all of it but I did hear the reporter say that Gonzales wants around 10 million if he was to stay with Atlanta this year and to skip Training Camp too. This has all the beginning stages of summer 2010 Favre with Vikings :spit:

All I'm wondering is if Roddy and Juilo are all that and a bag of chips and Ryan is "elite" :rolleyes: then why are the Failcons front office begging him to come back so much? :scratch: Let the desperation begin!

I think he has earned the right to do so.

Lol, we can only hope this turns out to be another 2010 Favre situation. Gonzalez trains hard personally, so I doubt he skips a beat physically. I hope he doesn't come back though. As many playmakers as that receiving corps has it starts and ends with Tony G.

I called it. This is Favre 2.0

They'll agree to it because now it's not about retiring anymore. He'll be back now it's about terms.

Never understand when ppl say desperation when a team tries to keep their best players. I guess cause its not a Saints player.

Never understand when ppl say desperation when a team tries to keep their best players. I guess cause its not a Saints player.

Personally to me it's because he already said he was retiring after the 2012 season this time last year, now a year later here we are

Lol, we can only hope this turns out to be another 2010 Favre situation. Gonzalez trains hard personally, so I doubt he skips a beat physically. I hope he doesn't come back though. As many playmakers as that receiving corps has it starts and ends with Tony G.

I don't wanna see him another year but I'm confident the Failcons wont win the super bowl anyways with or without him, they may win another playoff game but who cares..So in a way if they do get him to come back one more season and pay a ton just for this year and they don't win it all it just sets them back even more in future seasons. If they had to pay the farm for Gonzales just for this one year and couldn't go after s-jax anymore that would be even better IMO :)

Probably would have retired ' cept that last playoff home embarrassment :hihi:, not exactly a good note on which to end ones career :covri:....

you can find someone to run 7 yards and turn around on 3rd down for less.

Well I can't remember how many times you see the GM of a team publicly begging a player not to retire. It does make it sound desperate. It was when Minnesota was flying their people down to Brett's ranch too. That's not to say it wouldn't be the same if we have to go and convince Drew to play another year. If that guy gives you the best chance to win it all then you do what you can.
I don't know why you don't want people to use that term.

This is what now, three years that Tony is talking about retiring? It just gets old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom