N/S Goodell trying to use "conduct detrimenta to the leaguel" again in Al Jazeera conflict (1 Viewer)

I absolutely did NOT read that. Changes things a bit... still think the NFL should have the right to interview players about this stuff though. I understand why players are weary, it is a trust thing that Goodell has lost. However, if the NFL is investigating something, they should have the ability to talk to the players involved.

So, let's say you work for a media outlet, and you don't care for Drew Brees. All you have to do is concoct and publish a fake report from an unnamed "source" that he used PEDs by having them delivered to his home. There's no substance, no evidence. But the league should force an interview with Brees? No. Absolutely not. Not without evidence. And if Brees voluntarily send the league an affidavit, the league should certainly accept it, not reject it.

I'm pretty tired of seeing Roger bullying these players and clubs around. Does he not see that fans are growing weary of it?

Roger doesn't care. Roger is in it for Roger. KISS the ring or suffer his wrath. Can't wait until this ***clown is removed from office for conduct detrimental to the league. He himself is the biggest tarnish on the shield he has charged himself with protecting. It isn't in his job description...it is a self-imposed crusade for a self-styled despot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely did NOT read that. Changes things a bit... still think the NFL should have the right to interview players about this stuff though. I understand why players are weary, it is a trust thing that Goodell has lost. However, if the NFL is investigating something, they should have the ability to talk to the players involved.

Can you blame the players for not wanting to talk to him? There is no evidence; the previous accusations were recanted. Seems like even if you "just talk" to Roger, he has a history of misrepresentation and tends to spin any statements to suit his purpose, or leaves out the exculpatory parts. So if you talk to Roger, you've opened yourself up to Roger's special interpretations of the facts, as Roger views them; and if you don't, you've opened yourself up for suspension via conduct detrimental. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

All players have signed notarized affidavits (a legal document, subject to charges of perjury, BTW) refuting the charges of PEDs. That is ALL Roger needs to know. If he suspects anyone is lying, test them. If they're clean, case closed. If they're not, THEN you pull them in for an interview. Once again, Roger has skipped the process of fact-finding in an effort to speed up to the part where he gets his ring kissed and possibly gets to discipline players.

Once again, Roger is in the brothel with a wad of cash in his pocket, and a bevy of women to choose from. But rather than wait his turn, he pitches a fit about how important he is and causes a scene by masturbating in the waiting room. Roger, Roger, Roger...

Once again, Roger is in the brothel with a wad of cash in his pocket, and a bevy of women to choose from. But rather than wait his turn, he pitches a fit about how important he is and causes a scene by masturbating in the waiting room. Roger, Roger, Roger...

The old "masturbating in the brothel lobby" card. Well played.

I'm pretty tired of seeing Roger bullying these players and clubs around. Does he not see that fans are growing weary of it?

We complain, but what have we done about it?

Until fans don't buy concessions over it, or show up late (outside of Atlanta), or boycott entire games, he doesn't care that we complain about it. They're happy counting all the money we give them.

And he's happy to step on the players to maintain absolute control over them.

That is the crux of the issue. Either the CBA specifies that the players have to interview or they don't. And by the way, I wonder what the legal or definition of ''conduct detrimental to the league'' would be. Or, is it specified in the CBA?

I think the whole point argued in federal court with the Deflategate case, was that conduct detrimental is whatever the Commissioner says/thinks it is.

It's a twist the NFLPA didn't really think would happen. Remember, it all started due to players allegedly committing crimes and maybe having it happen a few times, but charges never stuck, but made the league look bad. But these were at least mostly founded on an actual legal proceeding and real investigations or court hearings.

All of those people that didn't give a crap when the Saints got railroaded through Bountygate are now having their chickens come home to roost..........

fire-roger-goodell-meme-300x175.jpeg

When will the owners get enough and just fire that bozo?

I hope the players challenge him on this. I don't really feel one way or another about these particular players, but it's the fact that in this case Goodell truly has no authority to make them give interviews. Like it's actually written down somewhere in the CBA this time. But apparently, he has the ability to basically smash their taillights and them give them a ticket for it by using this conduct detrimental to the league nonsense that really has no clear definition. It just reminds me so much of the "thousands" of documents that the league said they had in bountygate, but could never produce. But they used that to justify the whole investigation, which was a big reason why all the player suspensions were overturned, and coaches' probably would have been too if they had the ability to fight it. I think the NLFPA remembers that and is not about to let that happen again.

The NFL knew they needed a bulldog lawyer like Rog' to commission the league in this media dominated age. He's merely a puppet with 32 collective hands up his ***.

All of those people that didn't give a crap when the Saints got railroaded through Bountygate are now having their chickens come home to roost..........

And we were those same people for the most part when Deflategate happened.

Something about glass houses and stones...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom