N/S: Gregg Williams' son fired from Rams (...to Div II College) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Things gettin' a little ugly in the post-BountyGate era:

Gregg was suspended indefinitely in the New Orleans Saints' BountyGate scandal, and Blake stepped up to help head coach Jeff Fisher run a defense that performed surprisingly well, finishing seventh overall in Football Outsiders' opponent-adjusted metrics, eighth against the pass, and 10th against the run. Despite that, the younger Williams was fired in January of this year.

Y! SPORTS

:gosaints:

putting on the conspiracy hat

Blake got away with stepping on a lot of toes among the coaches and players last year because he was, in reality the mouthpiece of his suspended father who officially was not allowed contact with the team. Once GW left for the Titans, Blake was toast.

Jeff Fisher has coached some of the dirtiest defenses I have ever seen. Now he's the face of the competition committee. And...... Sean Payton gets suspended for a year.

Its going to be hard to ever get over it.

I guess another trip to the Super Bowl would probably do it for me though.

I remember hearing an announcer say during a game that the primary reason GW joined the Saints was because we agreed to hire his son, whereas the other two teams in the hunt refused. Blake has obviously developed quite a sour reputation around the league. If the only way you can get a job anywhere is for someone to force you in, don't expect much respect when your benefactor is out of the picture.

sorry to hear that i wish him the best but i didnt really know his defense was dooing that well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom