N/S Has anyone watched the documentary [about Aaron Hernandez?] (1 Viewer)

I didnt even knw about the random reporter outting him on some radio show just scummy
Out of all the stuff they revealed, THAT was the part where my mouth literally dropped open. The reporter and the radio dudes. I was shocked, not sure why. I guess at how effortlessly stupidity flows from some people.

Hard to have sympathy for a murderer, but I also never had to see my father come home drunk and slam my Mom's head on the counter until she was unconscious.
Then his Mom later starts shaking him down for a million dollars after his contract.

Jeez man,
And he tells her he would punch the shirt out of her.

Like father like son.

Limit to what? Hernandez joined the league aged 20, played 3 seasons and had some of the worst brain damage seen, especially for his age.
Unless he smashed his head against his cell walls daily for 4 years, there doesn’t seem to be a lot you can do to stop CTE.
Like eligibility in college. Do I see it happening? Prolly not. The most likely outcome will be more retiring at about 30-33 years old in my opinion.

The best comment that I read on SR about AH, was after the Odin Lloyd murder. There were so many obvious & dumb mistakes made, that one of the SR posters said, “they may as well have shot the guy in the middle of the police station.”

C-O-W-A-R-D
That's what you got from the documentary? He was screwed up and a murderer, but a coward? Why? For not coming out of the closet as an NFL player? I can't blame him for that. Otherwise he was quite the opposite. Most of his heinous moves were the result of retaliating when he felt someone tried to show him up.

For using a gun to retaliate? Maybe. He certainly didn't need to with his size and athleticism.

I Am two thirds through this and it’s a very good mini series. Can’t turn it off good.

it’s weird how you can almost feel sorry for him and hate him at the same time. His mom seems like a true trash ball “just give me a million dollars instead of crumbs”

strange side thought, the intro music seems to be some rendition of the old Disney theme “when you wish upon a Star”. Creepy as hell

It was very creepy the way he kept looking back when Kraft was about to enter the court to give his testimony. ?

I Am two thirds through this and it’s a very good mini series. Can’t turn it off good.

it’s weird how you can almost feel sorry for him and hate him at the same time. His mom seems like a true trash ball “just give me a million dollars instead of crumbs”

strange side thought, the intro music seems to be some rendition of the old Disney theme “when you wish upon a Star”. Creepy as hell
I got the same vibe. He sounds like a great, friendly, caring person (and I think there is that part to him). Then he does a drive-by shooting to a couple of guys he had a spat with from a bar and proceeds to play a great season of NFL football like it never occurred. It's like two different people occupying his mind and body.

do we think he actually shot those 2 guys in Boston? it doesn't really matter, but after watching the doc I'm still 75% sure that it was him.

It's really not edited that well. It's really all over the place. Great if you haven't heard any of it.

It's wild that Hernandez was one good lawyer away with from being a free man from 3 incredibly sloopy murders. Man... That's wild.
I thought so too.

Just finished it. I thought it was pretty well done.
They just replayed a doc done in 2018 on Oxygen. They interviewed Brandon Spikes and his wife, Aaron's fiance Shayanna Jenkins who was also his HS girlfriend (the one who was videod removing the trash bag from the house), his college girlfriend Alyssa Anderson, former defense attorneys Jose Baez and George Leontire (who, as a gay man himself, has said that Aaron was gay and fought vehemently against any testimony being used in court that Aaron was gay), the sheriff from Bristol County where Aaron was incarcerated during his trial, numerous journalists who covered various of the stories, etc.

I haven't seen the Netflix one but I'm not sure how much else it could have included (I'm guessing it's a little more focused on the angle of Aaron being gay and doesn't seem to have any new interviews but does use conversations recorded while he was in prison). Baez says that Aaron was basically railroaded. But I was most struck by his fiance talking about feeling let down by her sister Shaneah's testimony that she "took the side of the prosecution". Her sister whose boyfriend was Odin Lloyd, the man who was murdered. Aaron's fiance couldn't believe her sister didn't support Aaron, as someone both had known since high school, over her own boyfriend. Again, the one who was murdered allegedly by Aaron. Well, gee, sorry, sister.

I dunno, even knowing more now, I don't feel I have any particular insight into Aaron's head. He kept some pretty strange hours with some pretty rough people and was, at the very least, with the wrong people at the wrong time in the wrong place. At what point do you go, Oh, having CTE means that if you commit a crime, you shouldn't be held responsible. It might be a fact, but I don't think it's an explanation. I don't think Aaron seems evil, but he does seem like a shell of a man who happened to reside in a hella talented football player.

Interesting take and I agree the fiancés commitment to him seemed odd to that degree. After his aunt died she must have told him 50 times in 2 minutes she would never leave his side and that was after conviction

But I do believe he had some evil parts to him. Or at least so disconnected that he had a space that evil could call home from time to time.

do we think he actually shot those 2 guys in Boston? it doesn't really matter, but after watching the doc I'm still 75% sure that it was him.

yes. He was too cool in the home video after the Oden murder. Murder wasn’t a big deal for him.

and murder clearly wasn’t a problem for his buddy either. He just thought Aaron’s reasons were too petty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom