N/S Has anyone watched the documentary [about Aaron Hernandez?] (1 Viewer)

Honestly that whole CTE thing scares the hell outta me. Makes me worry about all our guys.

And watching this Antonio Brown thing happening makes me wonder what he’s gonna do. It’s obvious that he’s suffering from it

Fear not...if they don’t have a personality disorder they’ll likely be a ok

I don’t think the length of career really matters though. Hernandez played what? 2-3 season? And he had the worst CTE they’d ever seen in someone that age. Now I’m thinking about Luke Kuechly and his 11 reported concussions. 28 years old and his brains are likely scrambled. It’s sad. And also the reason idk if I’ll let my kid play football
What about the other thousands and millions of players that never have CTE? Or it never effects them in a negative way. Your kid is safe. There aren't enough cases to make this a serious concern.

That one guy and his Dad are so full of sheet. That reeks of people trying to get their 15 minutes, totally rehearsed.

What about the other thousands and millions of players that never have CTE? Or it never effects them in a negative way. Your kid is safe. There aren't enough cases to make this a serious concern.

The thing is though how do we know that? Not everyone goes public and documents it.

For every Dave Duerson, Mike Webster, or Gene Atkins there are countless thousands of players that no one besides their families remember who are affected.

Yea it really is all over the place. With the homosexuality and all that. What’s that got to do with anything?? Who cares who this dude was screwing

It was a really weak sudo motive and they admitted it. It wasn’t that he was gay they were saying, it was that he always felt he had something to prove to keep his tough guy beard up. Like I said weak but they didn’t have much motive. But honestly he just had a side to him that was skitzo or something. Nobody will ever know his motives but even if you think he was innocent you can’t explain all of his behaviors.

That's what you got from the documentary? He was screwed up and a murderer, but a coward? Why? For not coming out of the closet as an NFL player? I can't blame him for that. Otherwise he was quite the opposite. Most of his heinous moves were the result of retaliating when he felt someone tried to show him up.

For using a gun to retaliate? Maybe. He certainly didn't need to with his size and athleticism.
" There are no cowards on this field"- Jack Lambert. I'd bet my house Lambert knows more that the poster you quoted.

It's not just ex-NFL players, former greats like Junior Seau, Dave Duerson, Mike Webster that have become part of the whole long-term NFL concussion-related symptoms leading to degenerative brain disorders or CTE. Former players like Kenny Stables, who died in 2016, after his death, his family allowed a private autopsy done and the neurologist who examined Stabler's brain said he had pretty advanced case of CTE which had led to amnesia, forgetfulness, irrational behavior, erratic mood swings Stabler's family all observed him suffering from at differing levels the last couple years before he died. Keep in mind, Kenny Stabler played NCAAF and NFL football from 1965-1984. 17 years as a starting NFL QB.

Then there's Andre Waters, probably Earl Campbell, too. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodney Harrison, or Brian Dawkins, Weapon X, has it, too.

OJ Simpson, for him, CTE is that gift from God he was constantly praying for for years before, during, and after his double-murder homicide acquittal, and eventual conviction for his Las Vegas Keystone Cops bungled attempt to recover his Heisman. He probably heard about Dr. Bennett Omanu's research in prison and screamed, "Hallelujah" from his prison cell because whether his critics, detractors, prosecutors want to admit it, he has that SOMETHING, a degenerative brain disorder that he can now point too as a somewhat convenient excuse to explain away his violent, abusive, meglomaniacal behavior he first started exhibiting in mid-late 80s, early 90s towards ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. Not exactly "The Devil made him do it" excuse but it's the next best thing he has to use or exploit as a contextual "talking point" he can argue and convince those-remaining skeptics that CTE could've legitimately been a primary factor in pushing him over the edge.

CTE is that convenient straw man, a loose one, but one O.J. Simpson has at his disposal to try an contextualize his actions and behaviors that he didn't have 20 years ago.

C-O-W-A-R-D
sorry man can't let this pass. are you watching the documentary? When Hernandez was first jailed,he was put on suicide watch for
2 reasons. The first was millionaires don't adjust to jail very well. The second is current inmates do not like these types and will try to harm them physically. It took only a few weeks for the warden and sheriff to change their beliefs. They starting saying we better protect
other prisoners against Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez was many things. A coward was not one of those.

sorry man can't let this pass. are you watching the documentary? When Hernandez was first jailed,he was put on suicide watch for
2 reasons. The first was millionaires don't adjust to jail very well. The second is current inmates do not like these types and will try to harm them physically. It took only a few weeks for the warden and sheriff to change their beliefs. They starting saying we better protect
other prisoners against Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez was many things. A coward was not one of those.
Not to put intentions on him but I don5 think he meant that type of coward but I do agree with you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom