N/S Has Kyle Orton really gotten better or is he still getting lucky? (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us have nice vindictive feelings towards The Chicago Bears and their respective QB's Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. Well after what happened between Jay Cutler/Broncos FO this past off-season, Orton was seen as a average QB at best, and certainly not capable of being at a Pro Bowl-level.

Well, the Broncos are 4-0, holding their own against a perennial SB contender like New England, and Kyle Orton is playing like he knows what he's doing, or either he's putting up a damn good act.

The Denver Broncos were not expected to start the season 4-0, and Kyle Orton certainly wasn't expected to play like the QB many of us have seen in Chicago the past several seasons. Pat Bowlen is probably in the top 10 best NFL owners list, but this team looked to be on the verge of complete collapse 6-8 weeks ago. Sure The AFC West is a weak division, but their playing at a level I haven't seen in almost 4 years, maybe even since the 2005 team and Jake Plummer was still their QB.

I think more people are starting to see that Jay Cutler may have been the real problem after all with the Broncos.

The real problem with the Broncos was their defense, same as ours was. Their D was worse than ours last year. Mike Nolan has changed that. Cutler had nothing to do with why they weren't good last year. The Bears only have 1 loss this year.

But Orton still has looked a lot better at times this year. Certainly making better decisions then what most of us ever saw him make with the Bears. I always felt he was barely mediocre at best, especially when we played the Bears last year, despite our how bad our D was last year too.

I'm sure most of us have nice vindictive feelings towards The Chicago Bears and their respective QB's Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. Well after what happened between Jay Cutler/Broncos FO this past off-season, Orton was seen as a average QB at best, and certainly not capable of being at a Pro Bowl-level.

Well, the Broncos are 4-0, holding their own against a perennial SB contender like New England, and Kyle Orton is playing like he knows what he's doing, or either he's putting up a damn good act.

The Denver Broncos were not expected to start the season 4-0, and Kyle Orton certainly wasn't expected to play like the QB many of us have seen in Chicago the past several seasons. Pat Bowlen is probably in the top 10 best NFL owners list, but this team looked to be on the verge of complete collapse 6-8 weeks ago. Sure The AFC West is a weak division, but their playing at a level I haven't seen in almost 4 years, maybe even since the 2005 team and Jake Plummer was still their QB.

I think more people are starting to see that Jay Cutler may have been the real problem after all with the Broncos.

Orton really wasn't terrible last year... I think he had something like 19-20 TD and around 11-12 INT... not great, but not terrible either (considering his absolute lack of weapons)

He's just playing within the system. Which is probably easier said than done.

Orton is just average. He is operable as a QB, has good receivers, and doesn't do any bad interceptions/fumbles. Their D has just stepped it up and played some pretty weak opponents.

Not at all. Cutler may be a punk, but he's a good QB (maybe not a great one - he throws a lot of picks). Denver was bad because their D couldn't stop anyone, now they can. Pretty simple.

Now I think at the time people may have exaggerated the distance between Cutler and Orton. Now that Orton had a good team around him he's playing really well... we'll have to see if it continues.

orten has never been good but he's never been bad. he proved in chicago that with a good defense and a run game he can win. he is a game manager and he doens't make many mistakes. denver's d is improved and there run game is good enough so there winning

orten has never been good but he's never been bad. he proved in chicago that with a good defense and a run game he can win. he is a game manager and he doens't make many mistakes. denver's d is improved and there run game is good enough so there winning

he also never had a good O-line or WR's. He's a good game manager

Orton's doing a good job today. If he has time to throw and isn't asked to make big throws down the field, he can be the winning QB for a lot of games. He's even made some very tight throws in the 10 yard range today.

Orton looking very sharp right now. Looks like Denver is going to be undefeated. NE just doesn't have an answere for the Bronco offense right now.

I have to be perfeclt honest- Orton is looking like a dang good QB. Not a hall of famer or anything, but he's getting the job done in a far more efficient manner than I ever thought possible.

Denver is the surprise of the season for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom