N/S Has Kyle Orton really gotten better or is he still getting lucky? (1 Viewer)

Orton is better then Gannon, Testaverde or Beuerlein were at this stage of their careers. And all those QB's played much better in there 30's then in there 20's. Who said that Orton can't make that improvement.

26-12 is not that bad. If you take away his rookie year in 05 when he played like a rookie. His number since that are not that bad.

I think he can be in 10-20 rankings among QB's.

Orton was actually a pretty decent QB at Purdue... he played in that wide open offense and passed the ball ALOT.

the BEars are a running team, and the Broncos system is nw to him. I'm not crowning him, but the guy seems to be settling in to an offense that is similar to the one he played in at Purdue.

I'm just sayin...

Orton has improved massively... i mean massively. The guy has grown miles, accuracy has improved a ton, he makes quick decisions and follows through. I think he threw maybe 2 questionable throws today... I mean, after watching the guy in the preseason i thought he would of been terrible... lol. Like i said in the mcdaniels thread just wow.

I think they may have been playing decoy in the preseason.. seriously... lol, had me fooled.

He is being asked to do what he does best and thats manage the offense, get it out of his hands into his playmakers hands and he is doing a great job, but he is a NFL QB so he has to have intagibles that help him make plays when the plays break down or dont go according to plan and that has shown as well. In his Purdue days, he was the offense so he can at moments make a play.

In my opinion, Orton was the difference in the game. He outplayed Brady. Had Brady matched Orton, I think New England would have won.

Orton has improved massively... i mean massively. The guy has grown miles, accuracy has improved a ton, he makes quick decisions and follows through. I think he threw maybe 2 questionable throws today... I mean, after watching the guy in the preseason i thought he would of been terrible... lol. Like i said in the mcdaniels thread just wow.

I think they may have been playing decoy in the preseason.. seriously... lol, had me fooled.

I think the reason for his growth is he went from having a kick returner as his #1 WR to and bonafide top 5 WR in the league as his #1 WR.

The guy had nothing in Chicago, I'm happy to see him excelling in Denver's system, especially since I think Cutler is a dbag.

I think the reason for his growth is he went from having a kick returner as his #1 WR to and bonafide top 5 WR in the league as his #1 WR.

The guy had nothing in Chicago, I'm happy to see him excelling in Denver's system, especially since I think Cutler is a dbag.

:plus-un2:

I've never liked Rivers either and thought the whole River/Cutler thing was pathetic. But, it was amusing when the two dbags cried at each other. I wonder if Rivers will try and do the same thing to Orten, or if it was just Cutler being a punk?

as it stands the broncos have beaten 3 winning teams (dallas, NE, cinn), tops in the nfl. right now they stake a legitimate claim as the best team in the league.

up next for denver: two road games vs. san diego and baltimore.

on a side note, Purdue nfl qb's are a combined 9-0 on the season.

go boilermakers!

Orton and the broncos have been lucky for 5 weeks but winning is winning .

Hrmmmm today i didn't see any "luck" i saw a very good football team play a good solid game and get a very good victory, the Broncos impressed me today.

I agree to, but i also remember watching Orten in Chicago and thinking to myself how does this guy have job?? i mean he would throw some ugly ugly passes, he was no where near where his accuracy is now. But you are correct in terms of receivers the guy has many more options including Royal, who is no slouch himself. Denver is a force to be sure, way better then i thought they would be.

It's the Bears inept offense. Big difference from the Bears WRs who can't catch and are slow to Denvers who are the exact opposite. Put Rex Grossman with a good core of guys and you'll see the same results. Jay Culter will be garbage in that offense, he just hasn't been exposed yet.

I know this is off topic slightly, but the most interesting stat i came across with the Broncos was about Ryan Clady. Apparently he is yet to give up a sack his entire career. Only one time was he given credit for a 1/2 sack. That guy is honestly an unheralded phenom.

Many things have improved in Denver.....the QB is not making many mistakes, and is very capable to move the offense in crucial situations....like this game.....down by 7 late in the 4th qt, Orton engineered a long drive, starting inside his own 5 yds line....and threw the TD which made it even at 17. Then he came back with the winning drive in OT. So Orton deserves props.

The other thing is Denver's D! Mike Nolan is installing a new attitude, this D is confident and quite capable to make game changing plays, when needed. They play tough aggressive football, and that ensures stalled drives by their opponents. Therefore if they keep playing aggressively on D, I expect them to win their div easily.....and once in the playoffs, and a possible home field advantage...anything is possible!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom