N/S HBO Sacking “Inside The NFL” Last Episode Tonight (1 Viewer)

I used to love that show, but now we got NFL Network...it got a little boring over the years....and they always shorted the Saints when it came to there highlights, we usually just got the the final score at the tail end of the show or something...so good riddance.

Agree with the Costas hate, but not the venom directed at Collinsworth.

Having watched the show on and off for 25 years, I thought it was at its best with Nick and Len, but at its absolute peak once Collinsworth joined them on the show so that he could moderate/MC it, since he has better speaking and TV skills than they do, and also so that they could make fun of him, since he is a somewhat easy target for them.

It was my favorite show when I was back in the States but I left in 2001 and haven't seen it ever since. Things must have changed for that show to go from the best NFL show ever to be one of the worst.

When Len and Nick left ...was definitely the turning point in the program. I am 34 years old and have watched that show since I can remember watching football!!!! My Dad who has passed ...always watched it together when I was a kid ...so I hate to see it go but ...like all it's other series HBO just finds a way to ruin it!!!!:dunno:

Amen. When Costas took over, they stopped showing all the highlights, and started showing only the ones they wanted. I hardly ever watch that show.

this was my biggest beef with it, too. you'd have to watch the entire show to realize they weren't showing saints highlights. infuriating. and just so they could fit a few more puff pieces in. good riddance to costas-era inside the nfl. RIP dawson and buoniconti era inside the nfl.

The last time I tuned in to that show, Len and Nick WERE on it.

LOL! Me too... We're sort of spoiled now, because nearly every NFL show has highlights on it, but Inside the NFL was one of the only shows where you could find highlights from every game, every week.

I agree with others who say the show went downhill when Len and Nick left, but the biggest problem was the producers where trying to make this show something more than it was -a highlights show with good analysis. When the competition came in from ESPN, NFL Network and so on, they tried to come up with something new and different, and it turned off most of their original audience.

that show hit bottom once Len and Nick were no longer on it.

AMEN. I remember staying up late at night with my dad ( on a SCHOOL NIGHT) watching Len and NIck pick the games in the early 80's.

Remember the "Where are they now?" Segments?

This show was amazing, but with the addition+promotion of Stork and then the always idiotic CC commentary, I happily switched to other venues.

The show has been poor entertainment now for the last few years IMHO. Can't say I'm sad to see it go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom