N/S HBO Sacking “Inside The NFL” Last Episode Tonight (1 Viewer)

Deuce

Marine Group
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet...

HBO Sacking “Inside The NFL”
Last Episode Airs Tonight After More Than 3 Decades
By R. Thomas Umstead -- Multichannel News, 2/6/2008 10:39:00 AM
Home Box Office is passing on its long-running series Inside The NFL after 31 years.

Tonight’s episode will be the last for the series, which since 1977 has recapped the prior week’s National Football League games via highlights and analysis from hosts Bob Costas and former NFL players Dan Marino, Cris Carter and Cris Collinsworth. That show, which will recap the New York Giants Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots, will feature a short retrospective of the series’ history, according to HBO executives.

More...

Why? Now I have to get my highlights from Tiki and Kieth Olberman!:ipuker:

Collinsworth single handedly annoys me more than anyone in sports. If I don't have to hear his mouth anymore than thank the heavens! Especially the pre-mature lovefest of the pats...best team ever! HA!

that show hit bottom once Len and Nick were no longer on it.

that show hit bottom once Len and Nick were no longer on it.

:plus-un2:
And to replace them Bob Costas was mind-numbingly stupid. Collinsworth is annoying, but Costas is enough to make one jump out a window. Nick and Len were just having fun, enjoying talking about the games and talking with NFL players; Costas and Collinsworth represent everything that is wrong in sports reporting: trying to be impressive in and of themselves instead of enjoying the sport.
A sad end to what was once by far the best NFL show on television.

I used to love that show, then they started wasting to much time on unimportant things and they'd skip some games high lights. I once watched a full episode twice because they skipped the saints this past season thinking that i must of been distracted when they showed the saints but no they skipped them and didn't even give their prediction for our upcoming game.

and don't think that the NFL network didn't take away most of their viewers. I mean once you watch the same "Total Access" 3 times a day there is no point in watching inside the NFL when you already have NFL Total Access.

Yes it did. It went from the best NFL show anywhere to total trash.

Agreed. At one time it was simply the best NFL show around. Somewhere, somehow, it lost its soul and became bland media tripe.

Honestly, I'm not sorry to see it go. Not only did it ultimately fail to entertain as an NFL highlights show but in recent years they rarely gave the Saints a fair shake and quite often left Saints highlights and comments completely off of the show. I won't miss it...

JMO.

The show would be great if it went back to the basics and stuck with highlights from EVERY GAME and kept the schtick and talking out of it. However I will miss Harry Kalas narrating the highlights.

They should reinvent it rather than cancel it. Bring on some nobodies and review EVERY game. With Marino, Carter, and Collinsworth, that show had way too high of a stupid factor for me to deal with. I like the old cats - they're still around, why not bring them back? They'll work cheap - they even said so when they came back to the set for some anniversary - heh. But good riddance, and I don't say that about a football show lightly.

:plus-un2:
And to replace them Bob Costas was mind-numbingly stupid. Collinsworth is annoying, but Costas is enough to make one jump out a window. Nick and Len were just having fun, enjoying talking about the games and talking with NFL players; Costas and Collinsworth represent everything that is wrong in sports reporting: trying to be impressive in and of themselves instead of enjoying the sport.
A sad end to what was once by far the best NFL show on television.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Costas. Whenever he talks, I want to punch somebody. The writing was on the wall when they stopped showing highlights from every team. Who wants to watch an entire commercial free production of the Cowboys, the Colts, and the Patriots.

well they will be moving to another station, so hopefully with that change maybe they'll realize they need to fix the roster. that show was great back in the gap.

I thought the montage last night from the past season was hilarious though. The two Lions guys on the sideline blaming each other for farting was hysterical....

When they changed the format from showing all the games to only select games, I knew we would not be seeing the Saints very often. It was at that time that I choose to quit watching. Also their episodes where they focused on (IMO) meaningless special reports that I had no interest in watching ruined it for me.

I never need an analysis to blindly support any team, including our Saints, at the cost of objectivity, but once Len and Nick left, the slant of the show changed, and a clear bias become present.

I am not sorry the show went off the air. I'm sure it lost any fans from small markets who felt their teams were overlooked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom