N/S Heavyweight fight: Watching the 49ers and Seahawks add to their embarrassment of riches (1 Viewer)

Hatred of SF starting may reach Dome Patrol era proportions.

At least they made it to the Super Bowl even though their secondary totally went to crap after they beat down the Packers.
Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh have a lot in common. The only difference is I'd trust Harbaugh as a risk taker over Carroll.

Everyone is so sold on the Seahawks and they couldn't even finish off Atlanta after that impressive come from behind second half. Sure they looked great last year, blowing out cup cake teams. The blow out on the Niners is legit, but the other ones where they were running the score up to 50 points, that was Buffalo and Arizona. Anyone could have ran it up that high on those teams.

I don't think either one of these teams are going to come close to the NFC Title game.

I think both the 49ers and the Seahawks are outstanding teams. Both teams should win 10+ games next season. And both teams will be in the hunt to go to the Super Bowl...It wouldn't surprise me to see at least 6 NFC teams with a legitimate shot at going to the SB: SF, SEA, NO, ATL, NYG, GB...with possibly WAS and maybe CHI knocking on the door to get into that upper tier group. The sleeper team to watchout for in 2013: STL Rams.

My point is simple......signing a bunch of big names doesn't guarantee a SB. Saying the rich are getting richer is only an opinion.
No, nothing is guaranteed obviously, but signing a player here and there can make ALL the difference though. Wanna ask the Packers how signing Reggie White in Free Agency worked out??

The 49ers got a solid, reliable WR on the outside, and if the reports are accurate they'll land Nnamdi soon. Those are 2 big additions to a team that was already good. "Past success doesn't guarantee future success." No, but the 49ers have been to 2 straight NFC Champ games, and got to the SB last year. This wasn't by some strange coincidence, this is good coaching, and good talent.

Your point: Signing a big name doesn't guarantee anything
My point: All it takes is 1 great addition to put an already good team "over the top"

Invalid.......pfft

My point is simple......signing a bunch of big names doesn't guarantee a SB. Saying the rich are getting richer is only an opinion.

According to most analyst weve been void of serious talent for a few years now @ key positions....yes we still won a SB.

We won a SB with the likes of Will Smith, Remi Ayodelle, Tony Hargrove Pierson Preleau etc etc and some of us care about how many good players the 49ers/seahawks have that we don't

who gives didly squat.........Signing good players on paper does little when the season starts...so miss me with the rich getting richer thing.

The patriots have been getting richer signing guys like welker/trading for talib, having moss and haven't won a SB since spygate.

We got rich when we got SP back....PERIOD.

you put will smiths name in the mix as if he drank it up that year. He was top 10 DE that season, arguably top 5. Had what 13 sacks? His recent playing has somehow convinced the fans that he has never been a solid DE.

Oh please, the Saints didn't even have a coach and they were torching the 9ers "juggernaut" defense before Brees decided to start throwing pick 6's. The only thing that can save them from us is Goodell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom