N/S Heavyweight fight: Watching the 49ers and Seahawks add to their embarrassment of riches (1 Viewer)

i don't care what they do! there is a team coming out of the swamps that they have to play. that swamp team is coming will a strong brees with them. we have the best offense in the league. sf could not stop them before and will not again. remember philly dream (oops nightmare) we ran them outta here

Both of those teams could easily be 8-8 next year if you take away their star Running backs. I don't care how great Wilson or Kaepernick are, they know Lynch and Gore are the hearts of those offenses. They both could have a slump year next year, anything is possible. Take away both those teams run games, and they are in deep trouble.

Neither one of them has a solid defense anymore. The Niners problem is their secondary. They just got torn to pieces in the playoffs. The Seahawks were just overrated all around. Look at how the Falcons were owning them in the playoffs. Turner ran it all over that defense they talked about that was so good. You know, take away that bad call game against the Packers on Monday Night, they are 10-6, they needed that game just to make it that far, which is pathetic. I'm not sold on them at all. They are the Denver Broncos of the NFC, except Pete Carroll will end up blowing it for them before Wilson gets a chance.

One of them will win 10+ games next year and the other will be 8-8.

And when either/both QBs hit a sophomore slump and the team chemistry gets a little sour, and the teams start hating their pompous (Seahawks) or whiny ('9ers) coaches because they don't have the answers.

That's when Goodell thinks to himself: "I really should have suspended Payton for two years, because he's gonna smile at me when I hand him this trophy."

I don't see Seattle being in a slump. I see them winning their division.

Point was just because you throw "names" together doesn't = trophy.

Absolutely true.

I'll still put us, Green Bay, Detroit, NY Giants, ATL in the mix. They seem to have the we are already good (and young) but need to get better mentality.

Absolutely true.

I'll still put us, Green Bay, Detroit, NY Giants, ATL in the mix. They seem to have the we are already good (and young) but need to get better mentality.

You lost me with Detroit, they can't even win 8 games when the teams are not blowing it and giving the games to them like what happened in 2011.

To the OP, you do realize that the niners defense played like crap once Justin Smith got hurt. Please don't let a little thing like facts get in the way of your love fest though.

At least they made it to the Super Bowl even though their secondary totally went to crap after they beat down the Packers.
Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh have a lot in common. The only difference is I'd trust Harbaugh as a risk taker over Carroll.

Everyone is so sold on the Seahawks and they couldn't even finish off Atlanta after that impressive come from behind second half. Sure they looked great last year, blowing out cup cake teams. The blow out on the Niners is legit, but the other ones where they were running the score up to 50 points, that was Buffalo and Arizona. Anyone could have ran it up that high on those teams.

I don't think either one of these teams are going to come close to the NFC Title game.

At least they made it to the Super Bowl even though their secondary totally went to crap after they beat down the Packers.
Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh have a lot in common. The only difference is I'd trust Harbaugh as a risk taker over Carroll.

Everyone is so sold on the Seahawks and they couldn't even finish off Atlanta after that impressive come from behind second half. Sure they looked great last year, blowing out cup cake teams. The blow out on the Niners is legit, but the other ones where they were running the score up to 50 points, that was Buffalo and Arizona. Anyone could have ran it up that high on those teams.

I don't think either one of these teams are going to come close to the NFC Title game.
You do realize 3 road games is VERY hard to win all 3 right? If they host a PO game they'll win it.

Yo can sign the world when the qb cost peanuts. They both better cuz d will have that gimmick qb game figured out real quick!

Yeah that same embarassment of riches has landed them how many SB's this decade?

And our lack of talent that guys don't want back ended up giving us how many SB's this decade?

I rest my case they can have their riches....that doesn't = SB

You just can't predict anymore. Two off seasons ago, we were stoked about getting A. Franklin from the Niners and not blinking about losing Goodwin to them. Their fan base was really, really down and they were frustrated with what the team and the newly hired head coach, Harbaugh, was up to. That following season was the year they knocked us out of the playoffs and last year they were in the Superbowl. On paper the Seahawks and Niners do look very formidable, but weaknesses started to show in the Niner's defense. And teams may catch up to the read option quarterbacks - probably not shut them down, but neutralize them more. The Lions looked to be the next power to contend with and last year they tanked again. I'm not sold on Pete Carrol, though he has surprised me with his success, thus far.

We'll see. I think we'll regain form. The Packers still have a lot of weapons. So do the Falcons and Giants. Should be an entertaining NFC.

Yeah that same embarassment of riches has landed them how many SB's this decade?

And our lack of talent that guys don't want back ended up giving us how many SB's this decade?

I rest my case they can have their riches....that doesn't = SB

Your argument is invalid because everyone knows the Seahawks got robbed of that Super Bowl with all those terrible referee calls, I mean you DID watch that game right?

Yes that was 2005, but your statement was a little asinine

Your argument is invalid because everyone knows the Seahawks got robbed of that Super Bowl with all those terrible referee calls, I mean you DID watch that game right?

Yes that was 2005, but your statement was a little asinine

Invalid.......pfft

My point is simple......signing a bunch of big names doesn't guarantee a SB. Saying the rich are getting richer is only an opinion.

According to most analyst weve been void of serious talent for a few years now @ key positions....yes we still won a SB.

We won a SB with the likes of Will Smith, Remi Ayodelle, Tony Hargrove Pierson Preleau etc etc and some of us care about how many good players the 49ers/seahawks have that we don't

who gives didly squat.........Signing good players on paper does little when the season starts...so miss me with the rich getting richer thing.

The patriots have been getting richer signing guys like welker/trading for talib, having moss and haven't won a SB since spygate.

We got rich when we got SP back....PERIOD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom