N/S: High School Player Penalized (1 Viewer)

I'm sure it would have gotten a penalty, but I wonder what would have been the (media, aclu, muslims, ect.) response if he would have pulled out a rug and bowed to Mecca.

^
^
^
I mostly typed that in jest, but it began to make my mind actually wander about that said scenario.
^
^
^
^
Also, don't you like how you can wonder about something while your mind wanders?

The rules are silly. They probably say NO celebration is allowed. Made by cantankerous old men who say silly stuff like "just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the sidelines."

If that's the case, fine. But he shouldn't be allowed to make a religious gesture BECAUSE it was religious.

If this is okay, so should spiking the ball be.

But then, in my opinion, they should get 10 seconds to do whatever they please, as long as it's clean. It's a game, they should have fun. Or celebrate God. Whatever they like. But "it's a religious gesture, so it should be allowed" is just as bad as "religious gestures shouldn't be allowed."

Frankly, I think if you score a touchdown, you should get 5 seconds to do whatever the heck you want. Be a clown, do anything, stand on a Dallas' star.. it's all cool. You earned it.

No. You should hand the ball to the referee and go to your side line. There is a more game to play.

Celebrate when you win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom