N/S: High School Player Penalized (1 Viewer)

I just re-watched the video, thinking you may be on to something, but I can't even see the ref. How did you come to your conclusion?

I watched a different video (CNN i believe?) where parts of that was mentioned. The rest is something I came up with on my own, seeing where the refs feet were in a split secand of the video, where the flag was being thrown from (there not the same spot, it was closer, which indicated to me that the ref was moving towards him). Plus just knowing high school football.

Also, its a rule in that high school distract that you have to give the football up immediately after scoring. No sort of celebrating is allowed with the football at all. Even slamming the football to the ground causes a flag. (thats exactly what was reported in a different video on cnn)

I watched in interview with the kid this morning. He refused to say that the ref was wrong or that he had a problem with it, but when asked and prodded he did say "My coach said that he was proud of me and that he wasn't mad."

The kid said that when the coach asked for a clarification, the answer was that the player had "drawn attention to himself" and that was why the flag was thrown.

DUMB.

Atheist is the word you're looking for.

Also, you probably already know this, but atheists generally don't get upset by people's religious gestures. Don't let the ACLU set a stereotype. :9:

I'd guess one of two things. Either the ref is a moron, or there's something to this we don't know about.

Most likely the first one.

The ACLU doesn't get upset by people's religious gestures, either. In fact, they've been on the side of religious PEOPLE more often than certain news networks and radio hosts like to admit...

Otherwise, I agree with everything else that you posted here.

Why do people feel the need to post things like this?

Fun fact: No one cares if you think God exists or not. Especially when you're just using it as an excuse to post something inflammatory about other people's beliefs.

Same reason Christians (like myself) say things about their belief. Because they are speaking about their own agenda against God. Just like Christians (again, like myself) speak my beliefs about Christ and my Lord. I say things here and there about my belief in God and how it directs my life and what I do. They say things about God not existing.

It's a fair trade.

Its the media, blowing something out of proportion, and conjuring up a false reason for the penalty.

The real reason he was flagged, was because he held onto the ball after the ref approached him for the ball. Instead of giving the ref the ball, he knelt, ball in hand, and took a moment for himself.

thats against the rules. Had he given up the ball when the ref approached him for it, then knelt, there wouldn't have been a flag.

Of course, certain groups of people will disregard that part (you know, the TRUE part of the story) and instead claim that this is an example of modern day persecution...

Of course, certain groups of people will disregard that part (you know, the TRUE part of the story) and instead claim that this is an example of modern day persecution...

Unfortunately his version of events are NOT true either. It wasn't about a refusal to give the ref the ball (or at least it wasn't when the coach asked for a clarification).

The part about it being a persecution is speculation, just like your saying it ISN'T about persecution is speculation. We don't know. We do know that there is pretty widespread agreement that it was a dumb flag that shouldn't have been thrown for the reason that it has been asserted that it was thrown.

So asserting that your side is "TRUE" is the same as those asserting some part about persecution. You don't actually know and defending the ref is pretty pointless.

maybe if people learned to keep their beliefs to themselves :scratch:

I think it was a pre arranged plot to get this issue before the public!!! Not really, but it worked.

Kris

And as a result, the official draws attention to himself. :)

but isn't it silly?? if he would have handed the ball to the ref and walked away, we aren't having this discussion

really, this is a non-story....his team won by 5 touchdowns....nothing to see here

but isn't it silly?? if he would have handed the ball to the ref and walked away, we aren't having this discussion

really, this is a non-story....his team won by 5 touchdowns....nothing to see here

That is the silliest comment so far. He had been doing the exact same thing ALL season an had never been flagged for it. Mainly because it wasn't considered a foul by anyone but this overzealous ref. It's clearly not against the rules, even the one that was cited when asked.

In the interview this morning the reporter asked him how many times he had done this prior and he said, "Every time I scored this season I did this, probably 30 or more." Then he was asked how many times he had been flagged before for it. Answer: "None, this was the first time."

Yet you want to blame the player who had no guidance that the interpretation was going to be any different than the 30 or so times he had done it through the season? Yet it's his fault?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom