N/S: High School Player Penalized (1 Viewer)

MVCrook

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
for taking a knee and pointing upwards after a TD. This just struck me as odd, to say the least. I mean, maybe he's a very religious young man or he's dedicating his play to a lost loved one. Either way, there's a lot worse he could have done after a TD. I wonder if the ref has given his reasoning. Anyway, just thought I'd share and get opinions from y'all.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIi2H4zMZW8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIi2H4zMZW8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Kinda silly if you ask me. He wasn't showing off or taunting the other team.

That would be like throwing an unportsmanlike conduct penalty on Colston for pointing at the sky in honor of his father that passed away when he scores.

What a diva.

Wait, what?

Am I mistaken to say that the NFL/College have a rule that players can't do any celebrating from their knees? I think if he had just pointed up, without the kneel he'd have been fine.

Frankly, I think if you score a touchdown, you should get 5 seconds to do whatever the heck you want. Be a clown, do anything, stand on a Dallas' star.. it's all cool. You earned it.

By thanking God, this player is telling the other team that God hates them, because he alone willed this player into the endzone.

Therefore the player's action is acutally taunting the forsaken team by pointing out that they are not graced with God's love. Good call by the refs - no need to flaunt one's favor over another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom