N\S Hornets Attendance Benchmark (1 Viewer)

Supposedly Hugh Weber is going to clear the air a little bit on hornetsreport.com in the next day or so.

Personally, I'm tired of being threatened by this franchise when they've completely alienated themselves from the New Orleans market over the past couple of seasons. I think the Monty/Dell hirings were good and the team looks like it's got a lot of potential.

But New Orleans is far from the only market in the NBA with attendance conerns. Yet we seem to be the only ones with attendance benchmarks or else the team can opt out. :shrug:

Operationally and marketing-wise, this franchise has been a complete mess over the last two seasons. Yet they just expect to throw Chris Paul out on the floor and 18k should show up....or else! I won't even bring up CP's tiddy-baby whining this offseason (oops, I guess I just did bring it up).

If you love New Orleans, she'll love you right back. But if you try to fake it, well........

If I could ever find anyone to go with...

The Northshore being able to watch games would be a help.

I would think that watching the game on tv should count for sonething...what they charge for commercial time and different adds has got to bring in money.. Right???

If you go to ticketmaster and click on individual games, it shows the arena and every sold and unsold seat up to date. Games in Feb/March have sold significantly better than the last few weeks.

That, and winning, means that everything's gonna be all right.

Now CST.........thats a different story.

The transaction is not a done deal yet. I"m not sure anyone knows for sure what the holdup is.
I think that Shinn will still have a minority share and the legalese is still being worked out to ensure his heirs will be taken care of. It's not a quick process by any means.

I think that Shinn will still have a minority share and the legalese is still being worked out to ensure his heirs will be taken care of. It's not a quick process by any means.

I know it's a complicated transaction, but every month or so you keep hearing that it's close, it's close, it could just be a few weeks away, it's close. Makes you wonder if it'll even happen.

Should have known, I was familiar with Shinn when he first brought the Hornets to Charlotte, guy can't even go away and get it right.

Like I said in another thread, I can get a ticket for $10 and end up paying $60 at the end of the night. It isn't feasible to go to many games for me.

I don't know what to believe. First off, the Hornets franchise has been famous for reporting attendance lower than it actually was. They did it in Charlotte, they did it in OKC, and they're doing it here.

Second of all, I look at NBA attendance (ESPN has it) and I see the Heat are having their arena sell out PAST 100%, they're at 100.1%, but it's no secret that they have not been happy with ther fans and have even done some publicity things to try and bring fans to the games. They aren't anywhere near 100%.

I don't know what to believe.

With the holidays coming up, a lot of people will start going to games because school's out. I just wish I lived in New Orleans. I'd probably be a season ticket holder.

I did my part. Just bought two seats for 8 games this season. Of course as soon as I did this my Saints Playoff ticket statement came in. :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom