N/S How would you feel if the Jaguars moved to LA? (1 Viewer)

I don't want to see any city lose their team. That being said, Jacksonville has had it's issues supporting the Jags even before the economy tanked. I thought it was an odd choice when they were awarded a franchise and they haven't really done anything to dispel that notion since then. I hope they can find a way to keep their team, but if they don't at least we won't have to keep hearing from the media what a travesty it is that LA doesn't have an NFL franchise anymore.

Hopefully LA will fail to support that team just like they did the 3 teams they had before it and we can finally stop hearing about this crap once and for all.

I'd feel about the same as I did when the Rams moved out of LA, and the Raiders moved out of LA...I don't care I don't root for them.

I'm torn because I want a team in L.A.(to end any Saints speculation once and for all), but I don't think California needs or deserves 4 teams.
I would rather see SD move there, they are having problems as well or Oakland.

I just hope after it's done (because L.A. will get a team eventually) that whatever team it is falls flat on their faces.

Thing about it, no matter how many problems that the Jag's have with subpar attendance, exactly HOW many teams has L.A. lost now? I'm not really all that cool with the reasoning that they should have a team just because of their market size. I mean, they blew getting the expansion team over Houston because L.A. didn't seem to give a rat's rear end. Add to that L.A. only seems to want a team if the NFL steps in and either pays for a new stadium for them or pays for improvements to the Collisum. I mean, L.A. doesn't even seem to want to pony up much if anything out of pocket. I'd honestly rather see that money go toward helping the Jags stay in Jacksonville rather than send them to L.A.

They'll just end up moving away from L.A. in ten years or so anyway.

Thing is, corporate sponsorship and TV money is what the NFL is after, and there's plenty of it in LA. Local support doesn't matter as much anymore.

I'm torn because I want a team in L.A.(to end any Saints speculation once and for all), but I don't think California needs or deserves 4 teams.
I would rather see SD move there, they are having problems as well or Oakland.

I just hope after it's done (because L.A. will get a team eventually) that whatever team it is falls flat on their faces.

Agreed. With the problems the organization has had with the community, coupled with geographical location....I've always thought that San Diego was the most logical choice. Los Angeles is only a couple/few hours from San Diego (which is closer than I am to New Orleans). Divisions would not need to be re-aligned, either.

For those that are concerned about the Saints going to L.A. and are using that as reasoning for wanting the Jags to go there, the Saints are going to be in New Orleans through 2025 with the new deal between Benson and the State. It's really a non-factor in this discussion because L.A. will probably be awarded a team and lose it before 2025 anyway.

blackouts are pretty much the worst sign of general apathy towards a team. even if fans don't sell out a game on their own, there should be some group or corporation willing to bridge the gap (which really shouldn't be large in the first place) just for the free publicity. Entergy and some other companies in New Orleans have done this for Saints games in the past. I believe Ronnie Lamarque has done it.

If the games are blacked out, it's a big problem for both the team and the league.

They would probably put the Jags in the AFC West and the Chiefs in the south.. nobody switches conferences.

Seattle switched conferences during realignment.

I wonder after realignment why the Cowboys remained in the NFC East instead of the South, since as I understand it the realignment was predicated on geographical location.

It would seem like it would make more sense for either the Panthers or the Falcons to be in the East or even the Bucs since either of this teams are more Eastern than Dallas (Atlanta & Carolina are especially close to the rest of the NFC East teams) .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom