N/S How would you feel if the Jaguars moved to LA? (1 Viewer)

I wonder what the ticket Upper level ticket prices are in Jax???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they want their team to stay, then buy the tickets. It's not that complicated. It's a business, not a charity.

I wonder after realignment why the Cowboys remained in the NFC East instead of the South, since as I understand it the realignment was predicated on geographical location.

It would seem like it would make more sense for either the Panthers or the Falcons to be in the East or even the Bucs since either of this teams are more Eastern than Dallas (Atlanta & Carolina are especially close to the rest of the NFC East teams) .
Cowboys stayed in East so the Cowboy-Redskin rivalry could stay alive and strong

i'd feel bad for the true jacksonville jags fans. L.A. Jaguars? meh

i actually think the L.A. Jaguars has a nice ring to it, and i think they would make almost as much sense as the Raiders, in terms of a relocation candidate.

of course, i don't think L.A. deserves a team at all, since they have proven over the last couple decades that they don't have the fan loyalty to keep a team-- and having lived in L.A. for a number of yrs, i can tell you that almost everyone moves there with pre-existing allegiances to their hometown teams.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2009/10/jacksonville_jaguars_blackouts.html

Another home game for the Jags. Another Blackout. They blame the economy, but we have a waiting list of 50,000 in a city and region depopulated and devastated.

Go over to the Jags board, and every third topic is about the team moving away being a "when" and not an "if".

Having almost lost the Saints, I'd really feel for Jacksonville if they lost the Jags to LA or San Antonio. Hope it doesn't happen.

It would be horrible. I would rather dilsoution of the teams vs moving and keeping the teams at 32. The blackouts get to be a self fulfilling prophesy as the fans talk more and more of moving. People feel anger and stop going to the games. The owner needs to get out in front of this one.

A little selfishly, I would be OK with Jax moving to San Antonio. With the Texans trying hard to carve a fanbase out of the "Cowboys" die-hards, I think the State of Texas is ripe for another franchise.

As much as we hated it, San Antonio opened their arms for the Saints and tried hard to get them to stay.There are some loyal Spurs fans in that city, and I have no doubt they would support an NFL franchise like the Jaguars very well. And again, with no baseball team to compete with,and the NFL playing int he NBA offseason, there are a bunch of sports fans just begging for a local team to support.

A little selfishly, I would be OK with Jax moving to San Antonio. With the Texans trying hard to carve a fanbase out of the "Cowboys" die-hards, I think the State of Texas is ripe for another franchise.

will never happen.

Jerry Jones influence is too strong, and the AlamoDome is tiny and inadequate... come to think of it, 'tiny and inadequate' could probably be applied to J.J. as well.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments in this thread. Even in the immediate post Katrina atmosphere, Saints fans flocked to see the team play week in and out. Even when we played the Dolphins in Tiger Stadium in that Shakespearean tragedy called the 2005 season, there were a TON of people who went to Baton Rouge to see the game. We have always been there, although some times with bags on our heads, and we always supported the team. We always wanted them to be good.

When we were threatened with losing our Saints, it was like we were all suckerpunched. All the time and love and dedication and $$$ we'd poured out in the Dome for years was thrown in our faces and we were mad as heck about it .

Now this is how some fans feel in JAX. However, if enough of them had cared, it might not get to this point. They want to blame economics though? According to Wikipedia:

"In 2000, the median income for a household in the city was $40,316, and the median income for a family was $47,243."

For comparison sake, New Orleans comparative from census.gov:
"Median household income, 2007 $37,348
Median household income, 1999 $27,133"

For further comparison, the amount of the population who, theoretically, should have no ability to fiscally support a team, per Census.gov:

JAX:
Persons below poverty, percent, 1999 12.2%
NOLA:
Persons below poverty, percent, 1999 27.9%

Now sure, these numbers are a little outdated, being from 2000, but it gives a good idea about the financial condition of the two demographic markets. I've been to Jacksonville, and its a clean and wonderfully generic city. There's nothing there you can't find here, and I know I didn't spend enough time to really get into the fabric of the city, but from many accounts of friends from there I met in college, the nightlife isn't the same as it is here. So, arguably, people have more choices of how to spend money here, and STILL choose to support the local team, perhaps at the expense of something else.

I think they don't have a choice; the diehards need to convince more people there that the team is worth saving. Only problem is, there's just no history of the team. There's nothing that makes you think of Jacksonville and relate it to the Jags. Here, the city and team are synonymous. Its in your blood to be a Saints fan.

Lacking that relationship, I think the fans in Jax might be doomed to the fate of many fans before them. If the team does move, be it to LA or STL after the Rams move, if that happens, then I'll feel bad for the diehards but not the general populous of the JAX area, as they couldn't show they cared enough to cause the team to stay. Actually, they should hope the team does move to LA, as in a few years it may be up for another move and they could get a team back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom