N/S I have always wondered this (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It always amazes me how the 'Skins can stay under the cap but they seem to be working that way again. They have just restructured Cooley's contract and took his roster bonus and converted it to guaranteed money moving his cap number from 12.2 million down to 4.4 million.

It always amazes me how the 'Skins can stay under the cap but they seem to be working that way again. They have just restructured Cooley's contract and took his roster bonus and converted it to guaranteed money moving his cap number from 12.2 million down to 4.4 million.

I may be wrong, but I thought the Skins were $21 million over the cap.

They are still over the cap but according to the linked article other players are expected to accept restructured contracts and Brunell is likely to get released. The article also says that they are currently 7 million over and that doesn't include calculations on contract clauses that are still being finalized.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7796664/

The benefits of being a cash rich franchise... they can pay more outright to the players in terms of signing bonuses/etc. that don't count against the cap if they restructure.

The Saints, being in one of the smallest markets, don't have that luxury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom