N/S: Inside the NFL Edits Video - Conspiracy? (2 Viewers)

hankster2

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought the timing of this was beyond interesting.

Apparently Inside the NFL edited the video of the Richard Sherman - Julio Jones pass interference no-call to make the play look more one-sided. All this happened about a week after the NFL announced that teams can't post videos on social media. The timing seemed interesting, especially since I don't recall a sports program being accused of manipulating game footage before.

Do the two events have anything to do with one another? Probably not... unless you believe in conspiracy theories. In that case it would seem like a calculated move to allow the league and sports networks to manipulate and frame the conversation in order to create more drama/ratings.

Obviously the actual video is available, but without teams/players posting videos on social media it at least becomes far less visible online and easier to frame the narrative, either by talking about things that didn't really happen, or not talking about things that really did happen.

Just an interesting tidbit on how RG may be finding new ways to ruin this game.

Inside the NFL edits Julio Jones foul out of fateful play

NFL Teams Can Now Be Fined for Posting Videos on Social Media

Falcons losing the way they did just made it even sweeter for me. Their fans are still boohooing about it, and there's nothing like some ATL tears. Just makes my day every time I see a Clown fan pouting. Just saying :ezbill:

They did get screwed just like the Saints did a couple years ago there. Basically pass interference is allowed to the Seahawks

I thought the timing of this was beyond interesting.

Apparently Inside the NFL edited the video of the Richard Sherman - Julio Jones pass interference no-call to make the play look more one-sided. All this happened about a week after the NFL announced that teams can't post videos on social media. The timing seemed interesting, especially since I don't recall a sports program being accused of manipulating game footage before.

Do the two events have anything to do with one another? Probably not... unless you believe in conspiracy theories. In that case it would seem like a calculated move to allow the league and sports networks to manipulate and frame the conversation in order to create more drama/ratings.

Obviously the actual video is available, but without teams/players posting videos on social media it at least becomes far less visible online and easier to frame the narrative, either by talking about things that didn't really happen, or not talking about things that really did happen.

Just an interesting tidbit on how RG may be finding new ways to ruin this game.

Inside the NFL edits Julio Jones foul out of fateful play

NFL Teams Can Now Be Fined for Posting Videos on Social Media

The NFL didn't prohibit teams from posting video on social media. The NFL prohibited teams from posting video on social media from kickoff until 60 minutes after the conclusion of the game. NFL to fine teams up to $100,000 for posting social media video during games

Inside the NFL is a weekly show that airs for the first time each week on Tuesdays - long after the teams were free to post video from the game.

Clearly the new social media rule is to make the NFL's broadcast partners the exclusive source for game video during the game window. This protects the integrity of those contracts and the asset that the NFL sells to those partners. I'm not saying that league doesn't present video angles and spin on media outlets that it controls but I don't see that this social media rule is intended to shut-down alternative viewpoints.

They did get screwed just like the Saints did a couple years ago there. Basically pass interference is allowed to the Seahawks

The article isn't talking about that.

Julio Jones committed a pretty blatant personal foul (blow to the head) at the beginning of that play in order to even get open.

They edited that out, making it look like only the Seahawks committed a foul on the play.

You mean the NFL might be calling plays incorrectly to favor outcomes? Nah....

But here, the allegation is that the show edited the play to show Jones having a free release rather than using an illegal blow to the head of Sherman to get a jump on the route. If you want to conclude that this was deliberate, the result is to remove the argument that offsetting penalties should have been called. Had both fouls been called, they would have been off-setting and the Falcons would have replayed the down from the original line of scrimmage rather than from the spot of the PI foul (in range for a game-winning field goal).

If this was deliberate, it not only favors the Falcons (not your typical beneficiary of league bias) but it also emphasizes that the refs got it wrong and that error changed the outcome of the game. Would the league really want to aid in that controversy? Seems like a weird premise to me.

Maybe the show's producers did it (without league approval) to help the controversy because they think it brings viewers? Maybe it was some kind of accident? Hard to say.

The people have the power to make this back fire in the NFL's face. Upload and share. Upload and share.

Fight the power! **** the system! No clicks for NFLdotcom. Do not visit their website. You know how you thoughtlessly watch a boring game....more like half watch it in the back ground.....brain on auto pilot. Stop that ****. And be vocal about. Make them continue to feel it in the ratings. But click on SR. Donate. Give to The Andrus.

The people have the power to make this back fire in the NFL's face. Upload and share. Upload and share.

Fight the power! **** the system! No clicks for NFLdotcom. Do not visit their website. You know how you thoughtlessly watch a boring game....more like half watch it in the back ground.....brain on auto pilot. Stop that ****. And be vocal about. Make them continue to feel it in the ratings. But click on SR. Donate. Give to The Andrus.

350x700px-LL-d8e34751_Fans_war_face.gif

Are people really that concerned about being able to share game clips during a game? Why aren't they watching the game instead of uploading and sharing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom