N/S Is Aaron Rodgers Tony Romo with a SB ring? (1 Viewer)

Were you one of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure. I don't think so, but I am looking for posts in threads regarding Flynn's big day, to see if I said anything, and I can't find anything. But plenty of other people did.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/f...-brees-mvp-[mega-merged]-219154/#.V_xNyvkrIdU

Here is a thread of people crapping on Rodger's MVP season.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/aaron-rodgers-mvp-223082/#.V_xJrfkrIdU

Here is an actual article on the subject
Did Matt Flynn's Huge Game Hurt Aaron Rodgers Chances at MVP? | Bleacher Report

I can't find anything attaching me to such ideas though.

I am not sure. I don't think so, but I am looking for posts in threads regarding Flynn's big day, to see if I said anything, and I can't find anything. But plenty of other people did.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/flynn-record-setting-day-case-brees-mvp-[mega-merged]-219154/#.V_xJFfkrIdU

Here is a thread of people crapping on Rodger's MVP season.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/aaron-rodgers-mvp-223082/#.V_xJrfkrIdU

Here is an actual article on the subject
Did Matt Flynn's Huge Game Hurt Aaron Rodgers Chances at MVP? | Bleacher Report

I can't find anything attaching me to such ideas though.

Was just asking and didn't mean to attach you to such, and of course can't remember if or not.
Not to get into the details of stats in yardage vs TDs vs INTs and sacks and rushing by the QB, but the only real edge Brees had on Rodgers was breaking the yardage record. He had one more TD pass, but it's a safe assumption Rodgers gets a few vs. the Lions if Flynn did.

You need a website to qualify things? Well ****.

What websites would get your stamp of approval?

Nobody is calling for (your or anyone's) attention, so don't flatter yourself. As I said in the OP, this is just for conversation sake. Jesus Nancy, get over yourself.

Couldn't find anything, eh? Sucks when you make something up and get called out on it, doesn't it? :) You said "people" are saying the only difference between Romo and Rodgers is the ring. There are people in this thread who've said things like Rodgers may be declining, etc.....but I have yet to see anyone (other than you) try to drive home that ridiculous, laughable point that they are basically the same.

I recall someone saying Rodgers shouldnt have been MVP in 2011 because of the game Matt Flynn had when they rested him. Obviously anyone can do it in Green Bay. Must be Mccarthy!

I'm not shocked that people were saying that on this forum.......it was bothering them that, as great as Brees was that season, Rodgers was just on a whole other planet.

But really, anyone who knows even basic levels of NFL football would know better than to say something like that. Luke McCown went on the road last year against that hellacious Carolina D and completed 31 out of 38 passes for 310 yards. Not terribly dissimilar to what we've seen out of Drew at various times. Does that mean Drew has been nothing more than a moving part ?

Couldn't find anything, eh? Sucks when you make something up and get called out on it, doesn't it? :) You said "people" are saying the only difference between Romo and Rodgers is the ring. There are people in this thread who've said things like Rodgers may be declining, etc.....but I have yet to see anyone (other than you) try to drive home that ridiculous, laughable point that they are basically the same.

I'm lost here. What are you even talking about? I mentioned in the OP
From the OP
Last night I was watching the Packers Giants game at a friends house, and somehow Tony Romo losing his job, and Aaron Rodgers being overrated was brought up. I didn't say much as the people arguing were Packers and Cowboys fans, so they knew their qb's limitations more than I ever care to.

But the point was brought up, Aaron Rodgers is Tony Romo, only he has a SB ring. Now we can all look from a 1,000 miles away and say that that comment is wrong, but when you break it down, its not really.
"
So yes, people were talking about it. Does a subject have to be broached on SR.com it to count?

Tom Brady would be a much better choice...not even close.

But would Tom Brady dominate if he played his career in Cleveland???? The Patriots system can win with any QB and that's proven. Not saying that Tom isn't a great QB, but he wouldn't be what he is today without Belicheck. Belicheck gets into the minds of opposing coaches/players before the game is even played. That really helps his players

Except Rodger's literally plays like he's obsessed with his own stats. I think his TD/INT ratio and completion % are really really really important to him. I've seen him routinely take unnecessary sacks when a throwaway was completely possible

I'm lost here. What are you even talking about? I mentioned in the OP
"
So yes, people were talking about it. Does a subject have to be broached on SR.com talking about it to count?

In that case, your "friends" are idiots.........or maybe "they" were just drunk. Because no one else (unless they were seeking negative attention) would put themselves out there by trying to put Tony Romo on equal footing with Aaron Rodgers as a QB.

That's not to say Tony hasn't had a solid career. And he probably caught alot of flack he didn't deserve over the years. But this just isn't a discussion worth having, for pretty obvious reasons. I think even you know that.

I recall someone saying Rodgers shouldnt have been MVP in 2011 because of the game Matt Flynn had when they rested him. Obviously anyone can do it in Green Bay. Must be Mccarthy!

Flynn had one good game that got him a huge contract. How may quarterbacks have been able to win in New England when Brady goes down, yet people want to claim Brady is the greatest ever?

Rodgers is over rated and Romo is under rated, but neither is elite, just above avg. Brees on either of their teams would be going to the SB

Flynn had one good game that got him a huge contract. How may quarterbacks have been able to win in New England when Brady goes down, yet people want to claim Brady is the greatest ever?

This is true.

IF New England and Belichek had Garappolo instead of Brady, would the results be the same?

From the small sample size, we'd have to say there's a good chance.

But at least Brady's stats are great, can't say that about Rodgers over the last few years.

But everyone acts like he's in the elite Tier 1 class.

Was just asking and didn't mean to attach you to such, and of course can't remember if or not.
Not to get into the details of stats in yardage vs TDs vs INTs and sacks and rushing by the QB, but the only real edge Brees had on Rodgers was breaking the yardage record. He had one more TD pass, but it's a safe assumption Rodgers gets a few vs. the Lions if Flynn did.

But therein lies the problem with the MVP voting system. It shouldn't be about assumptions, it should be about production on the field.

Brees threw 150 more passes than Rodgers and still broke the all-time record for completion percentage. He threw for nearly 800 more yds and one more touch down. That's what happened on the field. Matt Flynn wasn't a proxy for Rodgers -- his stats don't count towards Rodgers' numbers.

Other things to consider -- without Drew and without Rodgers on their respective teams, who finishes with a better record? Packers with Matt Flynn or Saints with Chase Daniel?

If your answer is the Packers, then Drew is more "valuable" to his team as his removal causes a larger rift.

However, we all know the Most Valuable Player has little to do with actual value.

strange thread -haven't thought about Rodgers v Romo enough to have an opinion about it and I don't plan on starting now
HOWEVER
El and the 1 or 2 other people who are legitimately addressing the question are the only ones backing up what they are arguing
everyone else is just throwing out unsupported opinion

But therein lies the problem with the MVP voting system. It shouldn't be about assumptions, it should be about production on the field.

Brees threw 150 more passes than Rodgers and still broke the all-time record for completion percentage. He threw for nearly 800 more yds and one more touch down. That's what happened on the field. Matt Flynn wasn't a proxy for Rodgers -- his stats don't count towards Rodgers' numbers.

Other things to consider -- without Drew and without Rodgers on their respective teams, who finishes with a better record? Packers with Matt Flynn or Saints with Chase Daniel?

If your answer is the Packers, then Drew is more "valuable" to his team as his removal causes a larger rift.

However, we all know the Most Valuable Player has little to do with actual value.

The Packers didnt play Rodgers in the last game of that season because they had home field advantage clinched already because of a head to head win over the Saints as well as the Saints offense sputtering twice and losing to bad teams (Bucs Rams). The Saints were going all out to win in the hopes of getting the other first round bye, and in the process, were certainly going for the pass yardage record. I saw a post that Rodgers pads his stats by throwing away or getting sacked instead of throwing picks, yet were not the Saints padding stats for Brees by continuing to pass in blowouts?
Both guys had incredible seasons and both teams were very talented.
I guess back to original topic, how many bad seasons has Rodgers had? If 2015 and the start of 2016 are the only one then its quite a stretch to call him Romo, and If you want to see the Packers without him and with Flynn then also look at 2013 when he was hurt and 6-3 as a starter while Flynn and others were 2-4-1.

Intersting post El. Good stuff for an off week.

invho - I think Rodgers is elite and clutch. Romo chokes in the playoffs. Romo is not near as mobile as Rodgers. And Rodgers has a cannon of an arm.

I think Romo is a very good QB, but not in the same league as Rodgers.

Exclude Pats - and we are seeing how hard it is to play in the SB over multiple years. Look at the Panthers this year. Wow, and most of us thought they were stacked to be a contender for years. Kryptonite not only cripples Superman this year but also the entire Panthers team. and the worst piece about this is that I have Superman in FF this year - and yes it was painful to draft him but Brees was gone.

Roger is very good. Not a lock for HOF but depending on how his career goes he could have a good shot at it.

Romo won't sniff the HOF.

How's that for analysis? :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom