N/S Is Aaron Rodgers Tony Romo with a SB ring? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Pardon me for starting a non-Saints related thread on a week when we have a game, but I thought that we were early enough into the week that this shouldn't distract us.

Last night I was watching the Packers Giants game at a friends house, and somehow Tony Romo losing his job, and Aaron Rodgers being overrated was brought up. I didn't say much as the people arguing were Packers and Cowboys fans, so they knew their qb's limitations more than I ever care to.

But the point was brought up, Aaron Rodgers is Tony Romo, only he has a SB ring. Now we can all look from a 1,000 miles away and say that that comment is wrong, but when you break it down, its not really.

Rodgers has thrown fewer ints than Romo, but Rodgers will take a sack before he throws a pick, while Romo will throw it rather than take a sack. Rodgers has better yards and tds, but Romo has never had the bevy of receivers Rodgers has, and the Cowboys are more balanced than the Packers.

Rodgers performs well in the postseason 8-6, while Romo is 2-4, however their stats during the postseason are near identical, 98.2 rating compared to 93, and 61.62 completion % to 63.81%.

Rodgers has 10 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 14 Game-Winning Drives, while Romo has 25 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 30 Game-Winning Drives.

Tony Romo vs. Aaron Rodgers Player Comparison | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Here are some other stats to look at.

Like I said, I know that this is a game week, and there will be plenty of Saints stuff to talk about, but I thought that this was a topic that would be interesting to talk about.

I think it's more like "Is Tony Romo Aaron Rodgers without a super bowl ring" than the other way around. Rodgers does get overrated but he's still great, and I think Romo is much better than people often say.

If there were a draft of all current NFL players, my first pick is Aaron Rodgers. In my opinion, no, it isn't even close. I mean that as no slight at Tony b/c I think he catches too much flack sometimes and is a top 16 qb when healthy.

I don't see the comparison at all. Romo is never healthy. That cannot be said of Rodgers. I think Rodgers is head and shoulders above Romo.

If there were a draft of all current NFL players, my first pick is Aaron Rodgers. In my opinion, no, it isn't even close. I mean that as no slight at Tony b/c I think he catches too much flack sometimes and is a top 16 qb when healthy.

Tom Brady would be a much better choice...not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stats you quoted don't seem to support your comparison of them. It sounds more like a straight 'who is better, let's use some stats plus a bit of subjective moderation'.

It's not Swimmer-level, but it's far from convincing for me.

Tom Brady would be a much better choice...not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps for you. I can see that for sure. Brady is great. BB is a great head coach.

I'd still take Aaron Rodgers.

rodgers doesn't have gaudy stats but he is a great qb. he just isn't this god the media makes him out to be.

The stats you quoted don't seem to support your comparison of them. It sounds more like a straight 'who is better, let's use some stats plus a bit of subjective moderation'.

It's not Swimmer-level, but it's far from convincing for me.

The combination of stats and opinions is the point, otherwise what would there ever be to debate?

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but it doesn't really answer the question.

but Romo has never had the bevy of receivers Rodgers has, and the Cowboys are more balanced than the Packers.

Romo has had Terrell Owens in the first part of his career and Dez Bryant mid to late, along with one of the best TEs ever in Jason Whitten.

Yeah, I can usually make my point a little more clear than that. I'll try again.

Basically, I recognise that you might think those two players are comparable, but the basis of your argument lacks coherent facts or logic to support your conclusion.

Yeah, I can usually make my point a little more clear than that. I'll try again.

Basically, I recognise that you might think those two players are comparable, but the basis of your argument lacks coherent facts or logic to support your conclusion.

To help me make a better thread, what is needed to make this argument more coherent? (for the sake of future threads)

Romo isn't even in the same stratosphere as Rodgers. And I think Rodgers is overrated. Romo is closer to Blane Gabbert to me

To help me make a better thread, what is needed to make this argument more coherent? (for the sake of future threads)

I'd say a sequence of facts that, when combined, lead to an evident proof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom