N/S Is Aaron Rodgers Tony Romo with a SB ring? (2 Viewers)

I'd say a sequence of facts that, when combined, lead to an evident proof.

I see that, despite 1,200 posts since 2004, you have learned nothing of the way of our people. :hihi:

The stats you quoted don't seem to support your comparison of them. It sounds more like a straight 'who is better, let's use some stats plus a bit of subjective moderation'.

It's not Swimmer-level, but it's far from convincing for me.

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but it doesn't really answer the question.

It would seem to me that he's saying your post is ridiculous. But, get him to clarify that for you......I don't wanna put words in anyone's mouth.

Either way......LOL. One guy has been to 14 playoff games, the other guy has been to 6. One guy followed up a SB win by looking like he was about to take his team to an undefeated regular season.....the other guy got his second playoff win ever when the refs picked up a flag against Detroit.

Not sure how much discussion is really needed here :hihi: .

It would seem to me that he's saying your post is ridiculous. But, get him to clarify that for you......I don't wanna put words in anyone's mouth.

Either way......LOL. One guy has been to 14 playoff games, the other guy has been to 6. One guy followed up a SB win by looking like he was about to take his team to an undefeated regular season.....the other guy got his second playoff win ever when the refs picked up a flag against Detroit.

Not sure how much discussion is really needed here :hihi: .

I don't want people to think that stats are everything, or that opinions are everything, I believe there needs to be a bit of both taken into account.

For example, you bring up Rodgers being in 14 playoff games to Romo's 6, but if that is your litmus to greatness, Drew has only been to 11 playoff games. So does that make Rodgers> Brees> Romo?

I don't want people to think that stats are everything, or that opinions are everything, I believe there needs to be a bit of both taken into account.

For example, you bring up Rodgers being in 14 playoff games to Romo's 6, but if that is your litmus to greatness, Drew has only been to 11 playoff games. So does that make Rodgers> Brees> Romo?

Probably the fact that "Rodgers has been better than Brees since 2010" makes Rodgers > Brees, moreso than playoff appearance numbers.

There's a reason we keep stats.....generally the QBs with the better stats are the better QBs.

Rodgers definitely gets a pass and I'm not sure why.

Just looking at last year.....here are his rankings.

Yards-17th
TD- 10th
Completion %- 26th
QB rating - 15th

Yet after these stats.......he was ranked #1 or #2 by everyone. Really bizarre. Now let's look at 2016 stats.

Yards-29th
TD-8th
Comp %-32nd
QB Rating-22nd

Now they win.....but as we know it takes an OL, it takes a strong D, there's so much more to winning than a QB.

But stats DO matter to determine rankings among positions.

This one is so bizarre to me that he receives this "free pass" as one of the top QBs , yet he's middle of the pack at best in stats.

Fans and the NFL media can keep dancing around it, but something is certainly off with Rodgers the past two years.

This year he's only completing 56% of his passes and throwing for 216 a game.

It's no longer a one year fluke thing. Something is different about him. I've seen some speculation that the amount of hits he's taken are catching up to him. Whatever it is, he is not the same guy he was 3 years ago.

Fans and the NFL media can keep dancing around it, but something is certainly off with Rodgers the past two years.

This year he's only completing 56% of his passes and throwing for 216 a game.

It's not longer a one year fluke thing. Something is different about him. I've seen some speculation that the amount of hits he's taken are catching up to him. Whatever it is, he is not the same guy he was 3 years ago.

You said it in your first line.....fans and the NFL media still crown this guy as a top tier.

He's in the 20-25 range of QBs in every category.

Yet we have folks saying he's possibly the best in the business.

I really don't get it. He was 26th in completion % last year, and is DEAD LAST this year. And it's not because he's throwing huge downfield passes all the time.....he was 17th in yards last year, and 29th this year.

But we keep saying he's elite.

Which is why people say the only difference between him and Romo is a Super Bowl title.

Which "people"?

Do you have a link where anyone with any particular credibility made such an asinine claim, regarding Romo and Rodgers?

If Rodgers sucks so bad then McCarthy must be way better a coach than Payton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Rodgers sucks so bad then McCarthy must be way better a coach than Payton

LOL

I've never seen anybody carry on any Rodgers/Romo debate......this thread is literally the first time anyone has tried to put the 2 in the same QB-ing discussion. I think that one poster was on to something.......this entire thread was a Swimmer-like plea for attention.

LOL

I've never seen anybody carry on any Rodgers/Romo debate......this thread is literally the first time anyone has tried to put the 2 in the same QB-ing discussion. I think that one poster was on to something.......this entire thread was a Swimmer-like plea for attention.

I recall someone saying Rodgers shouldnt have been MVP in 2011 because of the game Matt Flynn had when they rested him. Obviously anyone can do it in Green Bay. Must be Mccarthy!

Which "people"?

Do you have a link where anyone with any particular credibility made such an asinine claim, regarding Romo and Royourdgers?

You need a website to qualify things? Well ****.

What websites would get your stamp of approval?

Nobody is calling for (your or anyone's) attention, so don't flatter yourself. As I said in the OP, this is just for conversation sake. Jesus Nancy, get over yourself.

I recall someone saying Rodgers shouldnt have been MVP in 2011 because of the game Matt Flynn had when they rested him. Obviously anyone can do it in Green Bay. Must be Mccarthy!

It was more than one person that said that, it was probably like 2-13.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom