N/S Is Andy Reid A Hall Of Famer? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is getting thrown around a lot now that Reid is so close to winning his first title? Is he a HOFer. He’s got over 200 wins, his winning percentage is over .600, and he’s been a consistent playoff contender.

This is getting thrown around a lot now that Reid is so close to winning his first title? Is he a HOFer. He’s got over 200 wins, his winning percentage is over .600, and he’s been a consistent playoff contender.

Yes, especially if he wins this championship. He's one those who has survived multiple iterations of talent and teams, always producing a winner.

It’s hard to say with coaches. The criteria seems to always shift. If Bill Cowher made it I don’t see why Reid shouldn’t. Especially if he wins it all this year.
I have this criteria. It’s not official, but I think if a coach gets over 200 wins, winning percentage of .600 or more with 10 + seasons and a title; that coach deserves the Hall.

yes if he wins. My only concern is he's a member of the Les Miles school of clock management

I would say yes. With Mahomes as QB don't see AndyReid hanging them up anytime soon. Patrick is money for at least 9 wins a year.

Can we talk about football during his tenure without talking about him? To me, that's the criteria for being in the HOF.

Going by those rules, there is no doubt to me Andy Reid should be in the HOF. He's made a ton of Conference Championship games with 2 different teams. He has his own coaching tree. He's won over 200 games. He's in his 2nd SuperBowl with his 2nd team. He's a staple of the NFL, plain and simple and it does not matter to me if he wins it or not. I do think a win would make it less of a debate, however, but it's clear to me.

Yes, the Man has given his life to Football and has accomplished much like the posters said ahead of me.

Reid is held in very high regard by his peers, even if he doesn't win it this time I think he's in.. he's been one of the major Offensive innovators of his time.

If Jimmy Johnson gets in with a 80-64 regular season record with 2 SB wins then I Reid should be a first ballot. Many other coaches that haven't gotten in such as Schottenheimer (200-126-1) that are deserving if Johnson got in.

He's built a winner everywhere he's gone. The only thing that's eluded him has been the Super Bowl so if he's able to do that, I'd say he deserves a HoF entry.

But he has never been able to win a championship.
It won't matter. Reid came from the Mike Holmgren coaching tree, along with Jon Gruden. Who descended from Bill Walsh's 49ers coaching staff; which brought the proliferation of the modern day West Coast Offense into the NFL.

He boasts a pretty significant Coaching tree already Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh, Sean McDermott, Ron Rivera, Matt Nagy all were assistants on Andy Reid's coaching staffs at one point and they all credit Andy heavily for helping them grow and develop the skills to become Head Coaches.

As of right now he ranks 7th all time among NFL Head Coaches in Wins, he is highly regarded among his peers, which are a lot of current, and former head coaches which will be the ones voting him into the Hall one day. So trust me even if he doesn't win a Super Bowl it won't having any bearing on him being voted in. The NFL Coaching circle is one big fraternity. He's a lock.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom