N/S Is Dolphins Staduim located in a hard to find part of Miami (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Look, I ask this not to be magnanimous but since the Saints will be playing in Miami next year as a road game, we may also be playing in Toronto vs the Bills also but that is mere speculation at this point, but I need to ask this question to some of the Southern Fla. residents on here. Is Dolphins Stadium a hard place to find or is it located in the middle of nowhere? A friend of mine who I bowl with who is from Miami told me that the Florida Marlins have been wanting a new staduim for years now because they do not like Dolphins Stadium as a home park and that it is not a good baseball stadium period. That I can agree on, because when ever the Cubs go their to play at a home game, they have to hit the ball nearly 400 feet to get it out of the ball park to get a home run. It's a hard place to get a good groove in.

That and the Marlins really get sparse crowds all the time in their home games ,despite them being a constant playoff contender and having won two WS titles and having a good farm system.

But I have to ask this of you guys because I've heard the place is really hard to find if you were looking for it by yourself.

http://www.dolphinsstadium.com/

map.gif

It is easy to find.

Thanks, ll. I asked this because a buddy of mine told me that the Marlins were looking for a new ball park because of having to play in a multi-purpose ballpark. and that the Miami area is not exactly baseball crazy as it used to be.

Dolphin Stadium is very easy to find. Its right off the turnpike. Nice stadium too. I have been to it for football games and baseball. Maybe not good for baseball, but its great for football.

Has there actually been speculation that we'll be the team playing the Bills in Toronto next year? If so, that would be a terrible inconvenience for me... it would add about 2 1/2 hours onto my trip to watch the Saints layeth the smacketh down on Buffalo.

I'm not sure what exactly this thread is about. Are you asking for directions?

Yes Larry I may be going to the game next year, or at least thinking about it doing it.

I apologize for not mentioning that out earlier in this thread.

Thank you boys for your help. I think that Dolphins Stadium is a bad place to play a baseball game or hold a team like the Marlins. and the thing is the Marlins have been a pretty solid team historically. They've won 2 WS titles pretty much in a hard place to attract a baseball friendly audience. They hardly have any body show up to the games, but they are always in playoff contention every year.

Like I said, their a good team with a good farm system. If they had a bigger budget they might be able to attract more resourceful and better FA pickups.

They do pretty damn well on very very little

Has there actually been speculation that we'll be the team playing the Bills in Toronto next year?

Yeah, I heard of this before. They said because NO already did a game in London they have good international appeal so it would make sense. At this point it is truly just speculation though.

Yea it is easy to find you will have no problems... The marlins want there own stadium because right now they pay to use the stadium while if they built there own the money would go straight to there pockets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom