N/S Is Ted Ginn Jr. the latest MNF FAIL? (1 Viewer)

Should he have caught the ball? Sure. But the Miami defense shouldn't have given up that long, last TD either.

I think some would only be angry with him if he were a high draft choice with a high contract and high expectations that haven't been satisfied in a quantifiable way. Not me though. I think it is more of a philosophy (football) issue.

I believe that you are correct that most people will make him the scapegoat but IMHO, one play doesn't make or break a game.

The reason I say this is because, in an average game there are about 120-150 total plays and each one makes up a piece of the puzzle. So, if that exact same play was in the first quarter and he dropped it, more than likely no one would think twice about it but the timing of the drop made it more severe.

Maybe if their defense held the Colts out of the endzone for one more drive then that catch wouldn't have mattered.

My point is, EVERY play is important but no ONE play loses the game if other plays are made.

I agree on principle, but most coaches can pick 5-6 plays from each game that were the difference. And its not always scoring plays, but maybe a failed third down conversion that resulted in a momentum shift, or a penalty that kept a defense on the field too long or backed the offense up too far. For the most part, the talent is equal and every game has back and forth, and certain opportunities just have to be capitalized. That was ONE. There were others, but that was definately one of them. The did waste too much time. Why wait so long to call the TO after the sack? I picked Miami to win this game, so I am mad at Ginn, but am madder at Miami for playing him instead of the more consistant Bess due to contract/expectations/hopes.

he had another ball that could have been caught in the first quarter... a catch a clutch player should make

IDK. It was an awful throw. I didn't agree with Chucky that Ginn should have caught it. I think Pennington is not that accurate and was not throwing easy catches. I'd like to see my WR come down with a tough catch or two, but you can't expect it on every toss.

Whether some may think it's unfair later on, Ted Ginn Jr. may be seen by some Dolphins fans as the reason why their 0-2 to start the 2009 season. He had the chance to make a great catch with less then 30 seconds in the 4th quarter to give Miami a 3 point lead, and it went right through his hands.

Trust me, he will be blamed in the short term by some Phins fan, whether it's deserved or not.

My question to the board right now is: If that was us in Miami's situation tonight and one of our WR's, let' say Devery Henderson, or God forbid Marques Colston, would you blame him at least partially for the loss.

I know it's purely hypothetical, and not all last minute NFL games are completely singular occasions, but if a similar situation like this happened to us:

Would you feel severely tempted to scapegoat him for the loss? Be honest..

There are some ****** off fans leaving Landshark Stadium in Miami, and some of them are probably using 4 and 5, and 7 letter expletives about Ted Ginn dropping a potential game-winning TD
If that were the Saints team we would have never been in that spot at the very worst it would have been a tie game at that point. Because we all know on the offensive possession before that SP would have never played for the field goal running it on 3rd and 6. We would have scored 7.

This game was not Ted Gins fault by any means.

Pennington
22/33 for 183 and an INT

Ted Ginn Jr.
11 receptions for 108 yards. He should have had more too, a couple silly drops. That throw at the end of the game was not a gimme pass. CB was on his back, and he couldnt hang on.

The Miami coaching staff and playcalling in particular is definitely to blame for the loss. They controlled the clock the whole game, but on 3rd and 6 from around the 30 they ran a draw play and took a field goal giving Peyton Manning over 3 minutes with a full compliment of timeouts. Too conservative of a call. Then they open their 2 minute drill with two running plays and just generally had very poor clock management in the 2 minute drill. I felt bad for the Miami players, they deserved to win.

IF that had been Colston,

I'd be saying, "9 times out of ten he'd make that catch". Ginn doesn't have that reputation and should bear the responsibility for not making THE most critical pass in the game.

I believe that you are correct that most people will make him the scapegoat but IMHO, one play doesn't make or break a game.

But he dropped 2 TD's. Not blaming him solely for the loss, but helping or hurting, y'know?

I agree with what an earlier poster said. If Colston had a drop that cost us a game, everyone would simply move on. However, if Reggie did it, the forums would likely explode.

he dropped a few passes but i wouldn't put it all on him.

The entire offense and the coach are to blame. They wasted WAY too much time on that final drive. They could have potentially gotten another first down if they had more time.

pretty much this

they had over 2:30 on the clock when they got the ball with two timeouts and they just sort of moseyed around with no sense of urgency whatsoever they could've had at least 3 to 4 more shots to the end zone if they would've just sped things up

having said that--you're in the nfl, ginn -- you gotta catch that

colston would've :D

I'll tell you what - that was the most pathetic display of a 2-3 minute offense I've ever seen in my life. It was a disgrace to football and made me thankful I'm not a Dolphag fan. Absolute garbage from Penny and the rest of those chain smoking jerkoffs.

Yes, Ted is partially to blame because Chad could not have thrown that ball any more precisely than he did. A receiver is PAID to make those types of catches. No one is perfect, but jeez. Ted Ginn has done nothing for the Phins since he came aboard and I think he'll be out next season if he continues to show that he brings NOTHING to the table. Tuna won't have it.

I also blame the Phins being satisfied with a FG to take the lead on the last scoring drive they had. There were almost 4 minutes on the clock for crying out loud and you are playing the Colts and Manning!! Uh hello- the Colts are excellent at clock management and they are a TD team NOT a FG team. It was just stupid for Miami to think a FG would wrap it up. Crappy clock management on their last drive also. Sorry for the rant, but I live and love a Phins fan and this loss really sucked for him.

Ginn dropped 2 passes in the end zone that hit him in the hands. No, its not fair scapegoat anyone, but Ginn had his chance to step up, and he didn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom