N/S Is Ted Ginn Jr. the latest MNF FAIL? (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Whether some may think it's unfair later on, Ted Ginn Jr. may be seen by some Dolphins fans as the reason why their 0-2 to start the 2009 season. He had the chance to make a great catch with less then 30 seconds in the 4th quarter to give Miami a 3 point lead, and it went right through his hands.

Trust me, he will be blamed in the short term by some Phins fan, whether it's deserved or not.

My question to the board right now is: If that was us in Miami's situation tonight and one of our WR's, let' say Devery Henderson, or God forbid Marques Colston, would you blame him at least partially for the loss.

I know it's purely hypothetical, and not all last minute NFL games are completely singular occasions, but if a similar situation like this happened to us:

Would you feel severely tempted to scapegoat him for the loss? Be honest..

There are some ****** off fans leaving Landshark Stadium in Miami, and some of them are probably using 4 and 5, and 7 letter expletives about Ted Ginn dropping a potential game-winning TD

Good play by Lacey the CB.

The Dolphins lost because of their gimmicky offense that couldn't get in the endzone once they were in or near the redzone.

It looked like a little pass interference. The colts defender had some jersey around his shoulder pads, but he still should have made that catch.

No. That was a very tough catch. It was far from a 'gimme'.

You can't blame the receiver for that.

He doesn't have the greatest hands, but he wasen't getting the best thrown balls either. Not to mention like the guy above me said, the frickin CB was 89% shutdown tonight.

We dont know if he catches it if Lacey strips it or not, but any WR needs to make that catch, it hit both his hands. But when your offense keeps the ball for 45 minutes, the defense needs some accountability for giving up the big play.

maybe in the past, but as they say no one play wins or losses a game; it's a 60 minute game. with the wrong logic a wr can lose the game in the 2nd qtr from a dropped pass.

The entire offense and the coach are to blame. They wasted WAY too much time on that final drive. They could have potentially gotten another first down if they had more time.

I believe that you are correct that most people will make him the scapegoat but IMHO, one play doesn't make or break a game.

The reason I say this is because, in an average game there are about 120-150 total plays and each one makes up a piece of the puzzle. So, if that exact same play was in the first quarter and he dropped it, more than likely no one would think twice about it but the timing of the drop made it more severe.

Maybe if their defense held the Colts out of the endzone for one more drive then that catch wouldn't have mattered.

My point is, EVERY play is important but no ONE play loses the game if other plays are made.

Game, In your opinion, could Ginn have made that catch? Granted it didn't look to be an easy one to make, but we both know there are many WR's that could make that catch.

It wasn't an easy one, but it wasn't one I'd rank as a 9 or 10 on a scale in degree of difficulty. More a 7 or an 8, but it was a catch able pass to me.

Sure you can blame the guy if you really want too, but the thing goes like this: If the offense got the job done right earlier or the defense stepped it up a bit more, the game doesn't come down to a play with less than a minute left.

One bad play does not win or lose a football game, it's the total effort of the team on every play.

Good play by Lacey the CB.

The Dolphins lost because of their gimmicky offense that couldn't get in the endzone once they were in or near the redzone.

Yes, it looks like the "wildcat" will only take you so far. They'd better look into something else.

he had another ball that could have been caught in the first quarter... a catch a clutch player should make

My question to the board right now is: If that was us in Miami's situation tonight and one of our WR's, let' say Devery Henderson, or God forbid Marques Colston, would you blame him at least partially for the loss.

Honestly? I wouldn't. I understand it's a team sport and 1 person NEVER loses the game. It took a collective lack of effort (I guess you'd call it that) to get behind in the first place.

In these forums though, I can tell you, blame would fly hot and heavy, but only if it was Reggie Bush that did the dropping.

/you wanted honesty, didn't say it had to be pretty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom